shortages

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I bought a little more coffee last month than usual. The price was the same. What kind of coffee did you buy that was price increased? I got organic fair trade certified from ALDI.
DH likes plain ole Folgers. Might have to sneak to Aldi and just put it in the Filgers can, lol

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Folders medium roast here and I can taste the difference. Although I really don't care what kind, as long as it's COFFEE!

Screenshot_20211014-231147~2.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Random things are hard to find here. Like the toilet cleaner I use because it actually works on rust. If I could just get drain lye I'd be happy because that works as well.

I do kind of miss the days of living in town when I could just bleach the toilet once a week.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Random things are hard to find here. Like the toilet cleaner I use because it actually works on rust. If I could just get drain lye I'd be happy because that works as well.

I do kind of miss the days of living in town when I could just bleach the toilet once a week.
We still use bleach, but we have one of those new fangled aerator septic tanks. Even with a house full of company, the water coming out of the pipe is clean and don't stink. Although I can't speak for longevity of the aerator motor it runs 24 x 7 x 365 so it ain't gonna last forever... Plus it's really weird to hear the sound of bubbles coming from the septic tank when you walk by it. I was thinking of connecting the washing machine up to the main sewer line but I'm unsure if that will have negative impact on the aerator septic tank or not??? Anyone know???

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

the stuff that Mom really likes is called The Works and it does, but we've not been able to get any of that now for months. the dollar store won't stock it any longer and the other stores don't have it any more either. we have enough rust in the water that it does look bad after a while. we're trying some other things now and i hope they work. my suggestion is to never put in all white anything (our sinks, toilets and shower are all white) - our shower needs to be redone completely as the plastic is starting to crack and i want to just put in rust colored tile and grout and be done with it for good. we'll see if i can talk Mom into that...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
no sugar shortage here. we're in the middle of the sugar beet growing region and the local sugar coop makes millions of lbs of sugar each year. they just finished an expansion which will let them get even more sugar out of the molasses.

prices have gone up on some things, but i don't think it is rediculous.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
1634314961898.png
This is all Bill Gates funded “synthetic meat” & lab “plant based protein” that is on the Oregon ballot to legally replace all real meat. This is not vegan or vegetarian made from vegis. This is lab grown Petri dish vats of cells that are being multiplied and sold to totally replace real animal meat by Feb 2022 if the ballot passes in Nov in Oregon making all real animal meat consumption, farming, ranching, fishing or hunting illegal if you kill the animal to feed your family or run a business based on it. It will literally be a murder charge and also will close down most of our entire state industries and food sources. The photos are our local Fred Meyers which already has a 4’ section of it. I'm afraid it's gonna pass, since Oregon gerrymandered all the districts this year to make sure that "red" counties will NOT be able to make any difference in the vote.

This is just the beginning. Once Oregon passes this, I can guarantee you will be seeing laws like this throughout the rest of the country.

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
View attachment 16753This is all Bill Gates funded “synthetic meat” & lab “plant based protein” that is on the Oregon ballot to legally replace all real meat. This is not vegan or vegetarian made from vegis. This is lab grown Petri dish vats of cells that are being multiplied and sold to totally replace real animal meat by Feb 2022 if the ballot passes in Nov in Oregon making all real animal meat consumption, farming, ranching, fishing or hunting illegal if you kill the animal to feed your family or run a business based on it. It will literally be a murder charge and also will close down most of our entire state industries and food sources. The photos are our local Fred Meyers which already has a 4’ section of it. I'm afraid it's gonna pass, since Oregon gerrymandered all the districts this year to make sure that "red" counties will NOT be able to make any difference in the vote.

This is just the beginning. Once Oregon passes this, I can guarantee you will be seeing laws like this throughout the rest of the country.
That stuff is garbage. The real plant based protein is mushrooms.

I have mixed feelings about replacing meat. I get pissed about how animals are treated in the factory farms, and it seems most people are apathetic about it. For that reason alone this is a good idea, but for those who care about their animals raised for meat, or the responsible hunter, this sucks.

Then if killing an animal for food will be considered murder, what about those who torture animals for "fun", and are charged, and only given a slap on the wrist? I wonder if those laws will be changed too, like they should be IMO.

Latest posts