shortages

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Orange juice was wiped out at the store. Even the fake orange juice.
Florida and Brazil orange crops aren't doing great.

Frozen concentrated orange juice has been diminished due to demand, so fresh orange crop might impact orange juice supply more? https://www.brandlandusa.com/2021/10/19/frozen-orange-juice-quietly-disappears-from-grocery-shelves/

It seems that the orange shortage is not a single-season event.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
i just got 5 for pretty cheap I think. I better juice them and save it.
The market reports are about 2 weeks ahead of what you'll see in grocery stores. I don't know when the lime supply issue started. Sometimes the a weak supply in market report doesn't affect what I see in stores here. If you use lime juice, buy an extra bottle since the supply might go down. The processed foods lag further behind fresh. However, it all depends on where they are harvesting from. If another location is harvesting next month and their crop/labor is fine, then the lime shortage will jus be a minor blip that doesn't affect what we see in stores.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have made relish and lots of other stuff. Have not had a garden in a couple of years because of the ankle and then replacement 2 years ago, and the knees and their replacement this past Oct. Plus the landlord used to help himself to the garden stuff when I had it... he would say "I got a couple tomatoes because you had so many that were ripe"... and then he bitched about the garden not looking NEAT alongside the house... he was all in to "looks"... just got tired of it. Hopefully, this year I will be back to gardening again with the knees healing and being in my own place where no one can tell me what or what not to do. But still, there are times when buying bulk items is still more practical for me. I agree home grown and home made is better and usually cheaper... I just bought a gallon jar of sauerkraut for 2.79 .... I mean, really..... It is insurance, on the shelf of food stockpiled.....

sorry, i get you confused at times with Farmer Jamie... oops! :) but all ok with me, heal up and enjoy your new gardens. i also have someone who is more into looks than into just relaxing and letting nature do her thing, but that is just how it goes sometimes. :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The market reports are about 2 weeks ahead of what you'll see in grocery stores. I don't know when the lime supply issue started. Sometimes the a weak supply in market report doesn't affect what I see in stores here. If you use lime juice, buy an extra bottle since the supply might go down. The processed foods lag further behind fresh. However, it all depends on where they are harvesting from. If another location is harvesting next month and their crop/labor is fine, then the lime shortage will jus be a minor blip that doesn't affect what we see in stores.

we're eating blueberries from Peru... they're not all that great. i'd never buy them, i much prefer in season and local if i can get it or even better if i can grow it. spoiled i am and i admit it. :)

Latest posts