shortages

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You will be!! :lol: although I'm sure you meant buy into stock, not buy into fencing with.

Yeah, it's $110 a roll more than the same I bought this time last year, somewhere 40%+. Plus those t-posts are up about 60%. I would like 2 more 330' rolls and probably 30 more posts...??...over $1k. Thinking hard!!
It is going to go higher. And when it does drop, good luck on getting what you want at all. I say go for it, get the wire you need and get your fencing done.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter check various suppliers. TSC shows this Bekeart on sale, $92 off. And Red Brand...not high tensile. Heavier to handle....is slightly less.

It's all incredibly expensive! I'm wanting but, slow to spend! ☹️. I'm also reusing posts, where I've dropped a couple cross fences, etc. Critical salvage
I checked my local TSC earlier today. Seems $5.00 cheaper buying directly from the manufacturer. 🤷‍♂️
Screenshot_20220520-153319.png

Jesus is Lord.and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My friend works at a vet clinic, apparently they’ve had to start cutting and mixing the lethal injection medications. The company shut down because of covid or something, and so the meds have been on back order for a very long time.

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My friend works at a vet clinic, apparently they’ve had to start cutting and mixing the lethal injection medications. The company shut down because of covid or something, and so the meds have been on back order for a very long time.
How can they properly euthanize then? It doesn't make sense.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
There are other options, but veterinarians might need to attend CE to learn the dosing. The issue isnt humane euthanasia - its euthanasia that appears acceptable to the owners. Pentobarbital solutions are preferred because they cause a peaceful looking death and veterinarians are confident in dosing and administering it with owners present.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
There was a facility fire also, but I hear that affects international supply more than USA.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
There's also a shortage on veterinary appointments.
The veterinary industry generally benefitted from COVID. People stayed home and actually noticed their pets' health problems, then adopted more pets. But now the demand is overwhelming and people are suffering. Unemployment in veterinary industry is exceedingly low, and burnout and suicide is high.

Be kind to your veternary staff. They dont make as much money as you think, and its difficult work. They're doing their best.

* typed minutes after I learned a vet in my region committed suicide this week. 😢

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Tortoise is exactly right.
There are also non medication ways to euthanize. I can’t remember who it’s from now, but somebody put out a list of acceptable/humane methods of death that anyone in the veterinary industry (and I believe meat, but don’t quote me on that one) have to follow. For instance, last time I checked, it is considered inhumane to suffocate an animal or inject an air bubble into the veins. But, decapatation, bolt gun, and certain drugs are considered humane. If owners aren’t present there are other methods vets can use. I hate to say it, but pet owners are going to have to toughen up. Death is always unpleasant, I’m afraid we’re going to see it start to come back into our culture more and more again. Our civilization has become so accustomed to removing itself from pain and death to a large degree. I’m not sure people will be ready.