shortages

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Never dried/dehydrated celery. Like the flavor in some things but hate the taste of actually eating it...
Is it hard to dehydrate??? That could be a good thing to get and do for future things like stews.

have you ever tried celery seed?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think russets just cook up too easily...flaking up. Maybe they make themselves "instant" mashed potatoes 🤣

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I use celery seed in some things. Can NOT stand the texture of celery... just can't manage it but like the flavor in some things. I use celery seed in my coleslaw sometimes too....
Read somewhere that drinking celery juice is supposed to help with weight loss... trying to find maybe some capsules as I cannot manage that much of a taste of celery.... my mom used to love to eat it.... it just does not "work" for me... like some people with the texture of mushrooms or okra....

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
drinking celery juice is supposed to help with weight loss... trying to find maybe some capsules as I
Hear vinegar does, too. Better than celery for taste and that's saying a lot🤣pickled beets??
About only way I eat celery is some in soup, occasionally....or potato salad made by someone else🤨

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've grown celery before. I've had to sow indoors during winter because it's a cool weather crop that grows very slowly. It does well as long as it stays cool, but suffers in heat. You also have to harden it off by dehydration (don't water it) for a minimum of 2 weeks. Then set it out in the garden and water normally.

P.S. Rabbits absolutely love celery and will dig under a fence to get to it 😂

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Stopped at business center today for water because regular Costco was too busy. Plus they had the K95 masks hubby needs for bead blasting at work.

Had to check out what prices were what right now. Ended up with baby back ribs at $2.49/lb. I should get a chub or two of burger to bring home and divide up for freezing. Just a few prices.
20221226_122838.jpg
20221226_122727.jpg
20221226_122615.jpg