shortages

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So the "in the know" buyers for suppliers are still alerting to many staples from wheat -- Ukraine war -- and suggesting products from such may be less plentiful and, of course, higher priced. Just prepare to make some bread. 😁. Buy supplies now.

We grow many things, export many, weather has been a bit(h...keep your eyes open. This will hit flour, cereal, cookies, cakes, etc.

I'm good. I'm stocked. Plenty of that once elusive yeast!!

Ya know, I remember when shortages were due to a garden crop doing poorly....or the rabbits ate your beans. A neighbor just gifted some of theirs. A cow shut down, another shared milk. The next year things might be reversed. I like those times. Trying to bring them back! Its love, respect, caring and sharing. :old :idunno:love
Luke 10:25-37

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Gosh!! They have flavor, unlike the grocery store ones!!
Which is why egg lovers prefer them, rather than the better nutrition. Mine free range, yolks are dark! Flavor is very egg. 😁

Haven't seen totally out but, certainly less full ones. Local WM it's $6.99 dz for brown, free range ones. I haven't bought an egg in years...but always check prices. Selling/gifting info. 👍

Funny that egg people want to question price but, goat milk people smile at $8 a gal. Of course goat milk, in stores who carry, is $4.99 a qt.

Saw a media post that some 40million layers were put down due to avian flu tests.

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We've had issues finding distilled water, again. I'd been looking for almost a month. Did find some today at the Commissary since we were finally out out of even my backup stored water.

Better thing is that the water distiller will be here Friday and I'll never need to worry about this again.

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
At auctions I've noticed in pre Biden years that many of your town people with farm money spent more after tax returns and during the summer. Before Christmas they seem to slow down and often not even show up because they're saving to waste money again.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There's a shortage of breakfast cereal in our panty. Farm Babe refuses to buy any. Instead she bakes a big pan of oats every Sunday and cuts into container sized pieces and puts them in the refrigerator, it's enough for both of us for 4 breakfasts each. Pretty nice, take out of the fridge, crack the lid, stick in the nuker 1 minute and it's warm breakfast ❤️

Going on week 4, first week was maple and brown sugar oats. Then strawberry short cake oats. Last week was peanut butter and chocolate chip oats. And she just pulled out a pan of pecan pie oats, house smells heavenly. I'll probably be dreaming about pecan pie tonight 😋

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That sounds like a great idea. By bake, do you mean she adds liquids and cooks them in oven to conform to pan? I usually make a larger pot and divide that to reheat. The pecan pie ones are my fav, with a touch of of brown sugar. In fact, that might be breakfast this week. Just picked up about 5# from under an old tree Friday...need to shell them.

Most cereal from store are major sugar buys. I'm not a cold cereal eater. Did buy grape nuts..1 box...during summer. Some of that is still in a vac seal jar.🤣. And yikes, they were expensive.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Here you go, baked pecan pie oats meal. Really good and not a sugar bomb. My wife looks up baked oatmeal recipes and says oh they call for x amount of sugar, oh we ain't doing that much. So she changes the amount of sugar to make it "lite" I guess. I should add, it's filling and doesn't take much to satisfy morning hunger.

IMG_20230109_103336586.jpg