SKR8PN's greenhouse journal and Zombie FYI thread

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
framing fowl........depending on where your located.....you will need to plan ahead for growing anything during the winter.
Here in Ohio, after November 15 there isn't enough natural sunlight to "grow" anything, but, there is enough to "maintain" what is already up and ready. Planting times are critical!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Hmmm. I'm in KY so if I do it tomorrow... I might just scrape under the wire. Is that because of sunlight amounts/germination? I really need to dig out my winter harvest handbook. This fall really got away from me.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
framing fowl said:
Hmmm. I'm in KY so if I do it tomorrow... I might just scrape under the wire. Is that because of sunlight amounts/germination? I really need to dig out my winter harvest handbook. This fall really got away from me.
What we have growing in the greenhouse now, was planted about...3 weeks ago. Ya better git busy!!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Yikes! Well, sometimes you just can't sweat the small stuff. I'm still going to plant and see what happens. I guess worst case scenario is I waste some seed, and I can live with that. I'd rather do that then kick myself for not getting it done proper or kicking myself for at least not trying.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
You planting in a greenhouse or a hot frame setup??

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Greenhouse. One of those inexpensive little plastic covered huts basically. I was going to just put the seeds in potting soil in a bunch of my pots and put those on the ground and shelves. It's still been really warm here. Lows in the mid 40's at night and mid 60's during the day still.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
If you guys get tired of these updates, let me know and I'll quit posting them.

Friday, November 26. 5:55 pm.
It has been pretty overcast the last few days. We had spotty sunshine today with a COLD westerly wind. Right now, the outside temp is 25 degrees. The air temp inside the greenhouse is 58.9 degrees and the soil temp is 61.1 degrees!! Remember there is no auxiliary heat inside this greenhouse, only those water jugs.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I get a chance, I'm going to have to read this whole thread!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
I get a chance, I'm going to have to read this whole thread!
Deb, if you need to see the pictures, just let me know. I moved the ones at the beginning of this thread, so they don't show up, but I DO still have them and will post any that anyone would like to see.