smoking or Not.......

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
2dream, maybe it would help you to keep a backup cigarette like I did. A couple of days after I quit smoking (back in the early 1990's), I found a cigarette under the back seat mat in the car.

(This may sound gross to non-smokers, but if you are smoker, this would have been a perfectly good cigarette. LOL)

I was determined to quit, but... well you know how hard it is. I told myself I would hang on to that last one in case I ever got to where I REALLY really wanted one. I put it up in the top of my closet and every once in a while, I would think to myself that I wanted a cigarette. But then I would say, "oh well, I don't want it THAT bad yet. Better save it a little longer."

Anyway, I ended up hanging on to that security cigarette for about two years. I think I ended up finally losing it in a move.

This may sound a little corny. But it helped me a lot to know I had that one in case I needed it. I never had to experience that anxiety over being "out" of cigarettes. I was never out. I was just savin' it. :)

Cassandra

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That's exactly how I quit! I realized that every time I thought, "I'm NEVER going to have another cigarette AGAIN," I automatically wanted to smoke. So I said that if I REALLY needed one, I could have it. I just kept thinkingI didn't REALLY need one.

Funny how people have quit in so many different ways. You just have to find what works for you.

shareneh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Way to go all of you who quit, it takes courage and I commend you:clap

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Cassandra :lol: I would have smoked, smoked, smoked that cigarette.

2dream, we love ya, come on....you don need dem stinkin cigs

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
roosmom said:
Cassandra :lol: I would have smoked, smoked, smoked that cigarette.

2dream, we love ya, come on....you don need dem stinkin cigs
That sounds like songs and movies.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I am doing better. Still cheatin. That filter thingy helps. I am not sure I will ever completely lay them down. Everyone I work with smokes, DH and DD smoke. I stopped completely for 4 days. Now I am smoking about 6 a day. 2 at work and 4 at home. Nights are the worst. Funny, I always thought that morning coffee cig would be the one that got me. Nope. I do good until about lunch time. :th

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ya know, if ypu can get down to three a day, am - lunch - pm then you could leave it at that. I know how hard it is.

dac, maybe we should write songs, lol.