Snapshot--Moving on (A couple of photos added)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Yep, could you imagine if we really did get it? :sick

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Yep, could you imagine if we really did get it? :sick
Yikes! Sounds like something from Ghostbusters!!!!!!:lol:

I should be cleaning for Annabelle this morning but Molly keeps trying to get her "cone of shame" off and also trying to scratch at her belly so I have to stay home and watch her like a hawk for the next week or so. I'll clean for Annabelle next Thursday--hopefully she won't replace me before then.

Since I am home today I tubbied both schnauzers and cleaned the bathroom.

Yesterday was my cooking day. Made burger and rice for the pups, a grits-cheese-bacon--chile casserole, breakfast burrito filling, crockpot cheesy ham and scalloped potatoes and fresh pico de gallo (all for the week)!

I did get my before shots of the house edited but I think I will wait to put them on until it is a done deal. Don't want to jinx it. Within a week or so we should be moving but...

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:fl Hope it works out and you get to move soon!

Please post the before picture's as soon as you hear! I love old farm houses!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Yesterday I made laundrey soap, did laundrey and went to a new Salvation Army (hint: wait a few weeks so they have some donations in ).

Today I have two clean pups that need their furnishings trimmed! Also am making a list of pantry and health/ beauty items that I need a backup of since we will be about 15 miles out of town when we move. Gotta pay bills and hopefully rent for the last time (at the rv park).

We have more rain coming today, tomorrow and Sunday. We may have to move the trailer out of here this time. Water still isn't soaked in from the flood. I'm pputting a bead of superglue all around the outside soles of my rain boots. It worked so well in the one area that could be pulled apart and seen through that I want to do the whole thing(s).

Making Chicken Fried Rice for dinner. Not much else going on right now. Still waiting on paperwork.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
snapshot said:
Yesterday I made laundrey soap, did laundrey and went to a new Salvation Army (hint: wait a few weeks so they have some donations in ).

Today I have two clean pups that need their furnishings trimmed! Also am making a list of pantry and health/ beauty items that I need a backup of since we will be about 15 miles out of town when we move. Gotta pay bills and hopefully rent for the last time (at the rv park).

We have more rain coming today, tomorrow and Sunday. We may have to move the trailer out of here this time. Water still isn't soaked in from the flood. I'm pputting a bead of superglue all around the outside soles of my rain boots. It worked so well in the one area that could be pulled apart and seen through that I want to do the whole thing(s).

Making Chicken Fried Rice for dinner. Not much else going on right now. Still waiting on paperwork.
SSDreaming! I'll warn you that this farmhouse looks more like a tearer downer than a fixer upper once you are inside! We just love a challenge!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment, but the place sounds exciting! :D So glad things are coming together for ya :woot :hugs

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
snapshot said:
snapshot said:

SSDreaming! I'll warn you that this farmhouse looks more like a tearer downer than a fixer upper once you are inside! We just love a challenge!
We live in a house just like that... when we moved in it didn't have electricity or running water... we finally paid it off last year and now we can turn it into a pretty place.

I love a challenge too. I can't wait to see photos of your old farmhouse, it sounds perfect!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Our rain never showed up over the weekend which is a good thing right now! Our swamp-park is starting to dry out finally. We hope to hear something about the paperwork for the house today. Yesterday we took care of the cows--here is a new one!

3685_w2.jpg

I'll be baking a roast for dinner tonight. DH is tired of my penny pinching meals and wants me to start cooking meat and a side dish rather than casseroles, etc. Okay then. Also making breakfast burrito filling for the week and cornmeal biscuits.

Molly still has to wear her cone at least through tonight. Her head seems to be healing well and she doesn't bother the stitches under her belly at all. Guess I better get about my day!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
if shes still trying to bother her belly stitches up a long tshirt on and then "tighten" it around the groin area.

I wish all vets would simply use surgical glue, works SOOO much better and the dogs dont bother it...i dont know why they still insist on external sutures. internal are fine, but extrenal th glue is much better.
Glad shes feeling better though, females tend to get over it much quicker than males LOL.

im waiting on baited breath for pics of the house (and news) for you, it sounds exciting, a project...but exciting :)

Latest posts