Snapshot--Moving on (A couple of photos added)

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I think they used glue inside and stitches outside on her head where they removed the lump. The belly is glue and she doesn't bother it at all. I'm waiting with big anticipation for the house too!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Today we are told that the lawyer just has to have a judge sign the papers Monday (when she gets back) and then they can do the closing sometime next week! Another positive!!!

We just continue to putter along for now. We took Molly's cone off this morning and within an hour she had ripped out a stitch on her head, so it goes back on til Saturday when she has them removed.

DH had asked the fella who is the park manager if he wanted to do repairs on the new place and he said yes. First we need elec. and water working so we can move the trailer out there. It has been a week and he has not found the time to even look at the house so we have determined that he is not "the guy". If he didn't want the job, wish he would have just said so.

That's about it for now! Thanks for reading and glad to still be moving in a forward direction!

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:fl Here's hoping that, by next Tuesday, it's a done deal!

I sometimes wonder why people agree to do things, then show no interest in following through! So frustrating! Does he know he can check on it at any time, or is he waiting until it's officially yours? :hu

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
He knew we wanted an idea about the elec. and water even before it was a done deal. No work done of course but ready to start asap. We are afraid he will treat the job like a hobby and be in no rush--we are staying at his dads rv park. :/

ruthless

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Enjoying your journal.
Do you have the recipe for cornmeal biscuits? sounds good, thank you.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Thanks Ruthless!!!! I have it somewhere. I need to find it tomorrow but first we have to go feed the frozen cows on my brother in laws ranch. Supposed to be about 26 which means about 20 out there. I get to drive the kaboda and sometimes the tractor to deliver hay.

Our rescue, Molly, got the stitches on here head removed this morning. The ones she didn't remove herself. Declared all fine but it is opened up some tonight.

Gotta make more biscuits tomorrow for biscuits and gravy for some breakfasts during the week. Dh has been having pork fajitas for dinner and I have had meatloaf. We are calling it "Make your own d#%$n dinner nights"!!!! He would eat Mexican food every night and I just can't do that.

We are hoping the closing on the house is this week because we have to renew our truck insurance. The catch is that we have to have a physical address here and the rv park will not do. Here you don't get the address to your house until it is registered with 911 service. I don't really understand it but perhaps a good idea.

Better get to bed. 5 AM comes early!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Good night. Hope everything goes OK and you get your closing w/no problem.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...ornmeal-buttermilk-biscuits-recipe/index.html

Here is the link for the cornmeal buttermilk biscuits. I make them lower gluten by using 1 cup cornmeal and 1 cup flour. Also add about 1/4 cup more milk than called for. They are a little crumbley but they taste good and are great for biscuits and gravy!

We found a new calf this morning! I will add photos when I get them uploaded.

Here are the photos of mama and baby!

3685_newbie2.jpg

3685_newbie1.jpg

Sweeties!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
pretty, freckles! i like freckles!

Latest posts