Snapshot--Moving on (A couple of photos added)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Bet you're getting excited!

Avalon1984

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Very nice! I bet you can't wait to move in.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Yep!:D Excited!!! Yea!!!! We now have a well and the house is on the lot but not set up until tomorrow!!! Whoopie!!!!!!!!

In other news, I cut a few mats off the pups in preparation of their baths tomorrow, swept, cleaned the stovetop and made laundrey soap for a couple of months. Also set up my vities for the next two weeks. That makes life so much simpler in the morning!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
So the house is set up now in it's proper place with the metal stairs that came with it. We and the pups went out and took lots of measurements inside and out. The pups still aren't sure but they love the space. Fencing will be the first thing and then work on the trailer--when we have elec. so we have water and air. Lots of cleaning to do. We found a 12 x 14 piece of discontinued berber carpet with pad that you stick down. (or perhaps staple down) With the bed and dressers holding it in place along with the pad, a few deeply placed staples should do the trick and be invisible.

Went to Tractor Supply for new waterproof boots as I will be helping at the dairy again starting Monday. Also a couple of pairs of womens gloves so they fit me and dh can't swipe them. At our local groc. store I found 28 oz. cans of diced tomatoes for 99 cents. I bought all they had and will get more Tuesday before the sale goes off.

Then we went to lunch and now we are home-- all done!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Thanks Dawn! Today I helped out at the dairy. Dipped cream cheese, bottled buttermilk, helped with yogurt and washed lots of bottles. Then we came home, had lunch and went to turn in a paper to get the elec. hooked up -- soon, and paid for the carpet for bedroom in the new house. Thank goodness I had leftovers still for dinner and that I am off tomorrow!

We have been getting rain all afternoon and still gettin it! Yay!--until it floods.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Help a novice out Snap, what is 'dipping cream cheese' and why do you do it?

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Back from walking dogs.

The cream cheese mixture and whey separate somewhat in a vat. We get out as much whey as possible--they are spraying it on their pastures. So I dip out whey and put it in buckets and then the cheese and whey that is left is dipped into cups with holes in them for the whey that is left to drain out of. That is all I did today. The cheese will settle and then be packaged. They make it creole cream cheese by pouring cream over the top. Maybe I can explain it better after I have done it for a while.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Helping out Mon. thru Thurs. at the dairy for the foreseeable future. I thought I was gonna have extra time to move in but no dice there! I am adjusting from staying at home to working. I really like the time at home but the money is nice too.

Our paperwork for hooking up elec. got lost and so we are still in the RV park right now. Supposedly it will be done this week.

I just got back from Walmart and DH got a call that one of the bulls went through a fence so he has gone out to retrieve him. That kind of stuff will be so much easier to take care of when we are out there.

Did all my weeks breakfast cooking this morning and made a pork chop casserole in the crockpot for the next few nights. I am off tomorrow and need to make bread and cupcakes. That's it for now!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
So happy that you're making progress! I know you'll be relieved when things settle down and you're able to get into a routine!

Latest posts