Snapshot--Moving on (A couple of photos added)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Pea is adorable, my guess would be Chihuahua x yorkie...(chorkie if you want to get all designer dog lol)

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Thanks PF! I could see Yorkie but wasn't sure what else. She goes up and slaps the pit mix and the schnauzer both in the chest to get them to chase her. Fearless!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Just finished 11 half pints of Green Tomato Marmalade and tomorrow making Tomato Jam/Butter. That will finish the tomato marathon!

Ignition switch went out on truck--$100 Change trans. fluid and filter--$100 Sure goes fast! We did find a mechanic who does what he says though!

Making meatloaf and mashed potatoes tomorrow for dinner and that's all the big news!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Thursday I made Cucumber jelly and Fig preserves. Maybe picking more figs tonight at neighbors, not sure. Did the last picking of the garden today. Lots of jalapenos-- I'm leaving them in the water trough since they are still making. Good bit of green beans, 3 watermelons, some green tomatoes, more cucumbers and one squash. Tossed and watered some elderberry seeds in hopes that they will grow. Found my Billys Boot camp videos for this winter.

This morning I made a cranberry fluff recipe, put it in a graham cracker crust and am freezing it now. Made Buffalo pretzels by baking them with melted butter, dry ranch dressing mix, celery seed and hot wing sauce. Also made an old recipe cooking fresh squash, onion, cheese, creole seasoning and 2 tablespoons of cornmeal. Great!

I kinda hope to start doing some sewing in a week or two. I guess we will see. Sept. will be elderberry canning time - not the ones I just planted, of course. Life goes on! I have found that ginger and honey mixed really does help joint pain (only if taken twice a day though) and coconut oil really does give me energy (don't take at night!). Found that I don't like fresh mint in water and that I need to peel older squash when cooking. It is still quite hot here but should start cooling down in a month or so. That's the state of the farmette for now!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Sounds busy :)

We just planted the last of the beans peas and will be setting out more cukes tomorrow.

I just made hot pickled pepper relish for hubs and he's eating it on everything. :/ He'll be out by next month :smack :lol:

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Hi WBF! I just read that you are doing well! Hope the yard sale went great! It took us almost a year to sell all we owned so we could sell our house in FL. Sold to auctions, antique dealers, private collectors, did estate sales and yard sales. When we were done about all we had left was our vehicle, clothes and our schnauzer, Stevie Rae.

Yesterday I put up a few more pints of fig preserves. Today I put a couple of items on ebay. And I have a big box of peaches for tomorrow! No sewing yet.

That's it for now.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Got up at 2:30 this morning and put up 20 pounds of peaches in medium syrup.

The truck transmission is having issues again and we will be out in a rental car looking for a second vehicle. I just didn't think the peaches would have made it til Sunday when I am off next. Actually starting at 2:30 seemed easier than getting started at 7am.

I saved enough peaches for one recipe of jam or preserves. Hopefully will do that this evening.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow - on canning peaches at 2am! Geeze, I wouldn't have been able to think straight, lol. Good luck on finding a new vehicle.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Hah! Still seemed like last night to me! Good luck keeping track of those tiny babies!

Four quarts and 10 pints. Enough peaches left to make one recipe of jam! Sunday.

3685_p-email.jpg