Snapshot--Moving on (A couple of photos added)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Way to handle it Snappy :) Can't wait for garden pics!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
We have little tomatoes!!!!!!!!! And bell pepper blossoms and jalapeno blossoms!!!!! Yesterday I planted carrots, radishes, cauliflower, lima beans, more lettuce and more parsley. The habaneros and sweet banana peppers never came up so I will buy some Sat. along with a few watermelon plants, some mint, sage and rosemary. Sage and rosemary are for the front of the mobile home. We have jasmine and honeysuckle growing right on the other side of our fence and some lilac too (it's a vacant lot). Not buying plants til Sat. as it is supposed to get down to 38 tomorrow night. I found the daisies we want for Buddys grave site. Hope Saturday is a sunny day!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Saturday I planted 3 habaneros, 6 sweet banana peppers, 3 watermelons, 3 squash-- all starts from the nursery. Also did a lot of mulching. Today, we planted flowers on Buddys grave--very sad. Glad it is done though.

We did go to breakfast this morning and the rest of the day has been low key. Think I will get off here now and look for camera software to download on the new computer so I can get some photos on. Have a good week!!!!!!!!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Boy has life moved on a bit for me! No longer work at the dairy. Help out at a mom and pop store a couple of days a week. So nice to have more time! Made banana bread yesterday and Cajun pickles today. Our small garden is doing amazingly well! 18 tomatoes and each plant has so many fruits on it that they are falling over after being restaked with bigger stakes! So many jalapenos, bell peppers, banana peppers and pickling cukes! Have been picking snap beans for a couple of weeks. Going to harvest potatoes and have no idea what we will find. They are in big lick tubs. I have watermelon blooms but no fruit yet. The only thing not doing well yet is habaneros. We have one little one so far. We have only 3 squash plants and they are doing well also.
Buddy's flowers are growing well and I talk to him when I water each day. I can be as active here now as my Wi-Fi will let me be. Hope you are all doing well and I am going to go read and find out now.
DH had to go to chiropractor today. Sciatic nerve from ranch work. I hope we both get some sleep tonight!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I made the bread as well, but not the pickles. Great minds think alike. :D

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
My banana bread has an orange glaze but choc. chips would be a great addition, Deb!!!!!!

FEM- I'm glad we have plenty of tomatoes as we only got about 5-8 pounds of potatoes out of two lick tubs. Would have been cheaper to buy them at the store but I know it is good experience for next year!

Other than harvesting our few potatoes, I made our breakfast casserole for the week and did laundrey. Nice light day! I have to rotate the big jar of pickles every day for a week and then put them in smaller jars for fridge.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Our 23rd anniversary is officially the Chicken anniversary to me! Don't have them yet but saving towards them.
This time last year we were just out of the travel trailer and into the mobile No garden planted yet As of today I have more than enough tomatoes, bell peppers, cukes and jalapenos to can. Our house is a home now and if not for the loss of our Buddy, life would be about perfect. But it sure moves on, doesn't it?
l no longer am at the dairy but at a mom and pop grocery maybe two days a week and finally have time to do projects at home.
Today I am making ice cream and corn bread, then running to town for anniversary Chinese food I love having more time!
That is it for now but updates (and chickens) shall hopefully soon follow! Well, eventually.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
It's been called to my attention that this is my 2nd chicken anniversary with no results. Keeping the faith!

This is a blueberry pie I made recently (and apparently ate).
3685_img_6755.jpg

Tomato season just getting started! I've been scalding, peeling, quartering and freezing them until I have enough to use. Right now just have 3 full gallon bags.

3685_img_6756.jpg

Last weekend I canned 4 pints and 8 half pints of cucumber relish. Also made 10 half pints of candy apple jelly. Basically red hots, apple juice, sugar and pectin.

3685_img_6758.jpg

Also apparently figured out how to upload photos on the new computer finally! Yay!

New and very part time job going great! Love my time off. I know nothing stays the same but for now, woohoo!!!

Latest posts