Snapshot--Moving on (A couple of photos added)

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Only ripe persimmons for me!!!!!!:D I have decided to forget about jam for now and make the persimmon rice pudding and persimmon cookies tomorrow along with a chicken alfredo rice type of casserole for dinner. I'll make the cookies with cornmeal mix or cornmeal and see how they turn out!

Today I trimmed up the pups and got my haircut trimmed up also. Now it looks like I was hoping it would! I bought a hat with ear muffs along the line of Randy Quaid in "Christmas Vacation" and a pair of high top slippers that I can wear outside if needed. I also got out my pasta roller that I got from a yard sale and checked it out. No directions but I think I can figure it out. Time to go watch NCIS with DH! Have a great eve!

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Never had a persimmon, but I have seen them occasionally at the grocery store.

Have a great evening :)

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Got our Mississippi tags today and registered to vote!!!!! Tried to get our driver license first but they wouldn't take our RV rent receipt for residency. Said if we got tags that would show we were serious about living here. Cause we spent the money. Glad this part is done anyway!

DH had to buy a new pair of workboots yesterday and it about killed him--to pay for them. The last pair he bought was at a Goodwill in Cheyenne and they cost $8. Yesterday the best boots for the least money cost $96 with tax. The soles on the old ones had completely seperated and he had glued and duct taped them to no avail! He reminds me of Red Green! Anyone know who that is?

Found a link to an old military cookbook on another site I frequent. I made corntack--like hardtack but gluten free and cornbread. Not sure if or where I should post the link as there are questionable and possibly offensive recipes in there involving rats and domestic animals but it was a very old book and it was wartime and survival. If someone (like a moderator) can head me in the right direction, I'll post it or not, let me know.

My father in law is visiting for a week at my husbands brothers ranch. One of the few times I am glad we are in a tiny trailer! I am thankful for him though! If not for him I would not have my DH!

Still waiting on a house but all in Gods time! Have a good evening!!!!!!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Snapshot, your pic of the calf is priceless!!! You should submit that photo to a couple of farm mags....unusual markings indeed!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Red Green--yup I know :lol:

Boots. ugh prices stink but ya gotta have them. Tony got new work boots the other day, $79. Broke my heart also! :) (I made him choose the cheaper pair, the other was like $129)
;)

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Snapshot, your pic of the calf is priceless!!! You should submit that photo to a couple of farm mags....unusual markings indeed!
How does one do that? I have wondered but never pursued it.

Farmer Chick! Edgar (Graham Greene) is my favorite! Of course I loved him in Maverick with Mel Gibson too! Of course Harold is irreplaceable too!
DH really wanted John Deere boots but they were $159. Yikes!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
A lot of those types of mags have places where readers can submit a photo and they display it in a section meant for that. Farm and Ranch has one, Country Woman has another....that calf is something else! :)

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
We got our vehicle inspected and our driver licenses today!!!! Yay. Then we tried to switch insurance and were told that they couldn't accept our address even though it was ok for tags and now DL. We were told we can just let our current policy run until it expires and then get new ins. here. So we are as legit as we can be until we have a more permanent address.

This morning I made shortbread cookies with cornmeal mix instead of flour and they are flat crispy little cookies that taste great!
Tomorrow I will make those cinnamon ornaments in the dehydrator so the house and park should smell like Christmas! I have cactus and coyote cookie cutters and moose and bears from our Southwest and Alaska travels. Still haven't figured out how and where to dry homemade noodles with so little room so that is on hold for now.

Tomorrow is laundromat day and time to renew our PO Box also. This evening I go pick up my breadmaker at UPS. I don't know why they didn't deliver it but I will be glad to get it anyway!

Other than that, life in the RV park is quiet and drama free. The colors are beautiful and the temps are great! Low tonight 45, tomorrow high of 62 and tomorrow night 33. Our thermometer is usually saying cooler than TWC. Our pups are very hoppy and springy with the cooler weather! So much fun to play with and watch! Have a warm evening!!!!!!

Beekissed! Thanks for that info! I had about a thousand photos in albums on myphotoalbum.com and paid to have cd mailed to me when they closed. I never received it. I am thinking an employee stole it or maybe it was just a scam to get money from customers. It makes me sick to think about it. I really dislike companies not doing what they say. I have tried to complain to their sister site but am told that even though it says myphotoalbum.com in small print, they are not the same site. No recourse I can see.:barnie I do have backups of most but they were all in order and edited in albums on the site.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
snapshot said:
I hate being told I can't do something!
:hugs Doc and I are the same way!

My baby sister and BIL came out to AR 10 years ago. My uncle/aunt sold them 10 acres of their over 200 acres. Sis and BIL considered their place a farm because they had 2 horses, several cows and a tractor. The only farming my sis does is on Farmville. :gig

We only see them when we have a family thing going on (birthdays, holidays or happen to be at Mom's at the same time) and it's mainly because we get tired of listening to her run her mouth about how everything we want to do on our place isn't doable. Of course, we've proven them wrong with all the things we won't be able to do! :gig

I love the apron you made for your job at the dairy! My uncle had a dairy (mostly Holsteins and a few Jerseys) and we used to visit several times a year and I always helped out at milking time or bottle feeding calves. Going there was always one of my favorite trips.

Found a link to an old military cookbook on another site I frequent. I made corntack--like hardtack but gluten free and cornbread. Not sure if or where I should post the link as there are questionable and possibly offensive recipes in there involving rats and domestic animals but it was a very old book and it was wartime and survival. If someone (like a moderator) can head me in the right direction, I'll post it or not, let me know.
You can just copy/paste the corntack recipe and post it here. That way the possibly offensive ones won't have to show. ;)

I've thoroughly enjoyed your journey, thanks for sharing with us and keep on, keepin on! :hugs

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Corntack
1-1/4 cups cornmeal
1 cup water (about)
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
Combine the above ingredients, using enough water to moisten. Bake in a greased 7x11-inch pan
at 375 degrees for around 15 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown slightly. While still warm,
cut into squares. A modern day cross between hardtack and cornbread, these thick crackers are
actually pleasantly tasty served warm or reheated

After several days it is crispy but isn't real hard and it doesn't taste great either, but if one was starving, it would be wonderful! That is what hardtack is designed for, isn't it?
How's that for a glowing recommendation?

A friend from another website I visit sent me a brand new breadmaker yesterday! They had two so they sent me one. One gadget off my list! Next I am getting a food processor and a vacuum sealer--they will be new so I have warrenty for a while. Just need a house to put these goodies in1:barnie