Snapshot--Moving on (A couple of photos added)

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Called my boss (at the restaurant) yesterday and let her know I won't be there for the season in January. I do feel better and more positive about looking forward to our house getting through probate. The last few days I have continued to work on an inventory of pantry items. You'd think that there wouldn't be that much room in a travel trailer but I know how to pack. I hope to finish up tomorrow. Made a meatloaf and mashed potatoes for dinner and cooked the rest of the potatoes for breakfasts. Not much else going on right now. Waiting...waiting...etc.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I got to work at the dairy today! I made about 6 pounds of Queso Fresco and washed all the glass milk bottles in the place. Tomorrow I work again and will make Farmhouse Cheddar and butter. As I work so infrequently, every muscle hurts!

Came home and cooked sausage and eggs so we can have burritos for the next several mornings and then made buffalo Chicken Nachos for dinner, using my canned chicken, yay! I made a Mango Pie and some baked (crockpot) apples yesterday so we have some dessert type things for a few days.

Other than that, I keep reading about goats, chickens and gardening so I will hopefully have a vague idea of what to do when our house comes through. Not real exciting but I need to do it!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Good Morning! I've worked at the dairy for 3 days this week and cleaned for a little lady yesterday so that will really help with grocery money! I am amazed that our bills are almost paid off even though we are only working part time and me less than that. We are accomplishing that by eating cheap (but good), not driving much (gas prices), and not buying anything til we have the money for it.

That said, we are going to a neighboring town today to pick up dog food (ordered and paid for already) and to hit the salvage grocery store. Yay!

I am letting go the thoughts of the fixer upper that we have been waiting on. My DHs brother is looking at a house with 20 acres right on his road. The house is occupied right now but will change (again eventually). DH could drive brothers kuboda to work and the dairy would be closer for me too. Guess we will see what God has in mind when He is ready (apparently not when we are). I have gotten depressed twice in the last few months and now realize it has little to do with waiting on a house and more to do with sitting in the trailer for more than two weeks and not working or going anywhere. As long as I work every 3rd week or so, I seem to be fine.

We are finally having some (not so hot) weather! And it should continue if the weather channel is to be believed. I love cooler weather!

Today I have some potato salad to make and rice pudding. Still doing alright with the gluten free cooking. Sugar free--eh. Trying to use honey.

That's the update. Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Lady Henevere

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm better with gluten free than with sugar free too. I would have thought it would be the other way around, but I miss sugar in my tea and a little dessert now and then.

I'm also amazed at how much cooking you do in an RV. We have a small one for camping, and even a simple meal sometimes drives me batty since there's no counter space. But that could partly be because ours is REALLY tiny (like a van).

I hope the house/land thing comes together for you soon!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
We wanted to get a camper van when we started traveling and I am so glad we didn't. I've known a couple of folks who lived in them and they did most of the cooking outside on a burner or fire. I can't imagine cooking inside of one.

From earlier, the ACV I was making seems just fine. I strained it and put it in a smaller bottle. Am making ice cubes of the whey I brought home from the dairy so if I don't work for a week or two, I'll still have whey for bread. Off to the feedstore for the dog food!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Not a big update as we are still waiting for word on a house. I did finish my apron today--waterproof from a plastic tablecloth. Also finished the pups tubby and haircut so they look like fresh little schnauzers. I have been working at the dairy two half days a week which helps with the groc. money. The weather has been lovely! Low 80s for highs. I will try to post photos in the morning.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Here are photos of the apron, my ruffled cleaning gloves and the pups new haircuts.
3685_apron.jpg

I will use this at the dairy for bottlewashing day and cream cheese dipping day. The pockets are for when I have a garden so I can load up! That's thinking ahead a little!

3685_ruffled_gloves.jpg

3685_the_haircuts.jpg

It looks like they are holding hands!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I only got to work 5 hours at the dairy this week. Dosn't buy many groceries but better than nothing! I have my third pan of homemade dog biscuits in the oven--peanut butter/banana! Small rv oven lets me do one pan at a time. Also made potato salad with some sweet potatoes in it.

Now there are three possibilities for houses but nothing definite yet. I am thinking pretty soon something will break. Hoping in the next three weeks or so. At least the weather is cooler now--low to mid 30s at night and 60s or 70s during the day.

I am working on sewing some oven mitts now. Will post photos when I finish them. Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!!!

Anyone here ever hear of a band called Blackberry Smoke? We just found them recently and it is like I am back in the early 70s. Kinda like a cross between the Allman Brothers and The Band! Just wondering?

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Thanks Lady Henevere! Nice to know someone is looking at my journal!!!!! Have a great weekend!