Snapshot--Moving on (A couple of photos added)

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Hi snapshot. I just finished reading your whole journal. I don't get here much anymore for many reasons. I just kind of pop in and out. I read much more than I post these days. (As you can tell from my number of post, it has not always been this way).
I tip my hat to you for doing all that you do in an RV. My DH lived in one for 4 years after Katrina. He worked for a FEMA contractor and moved the RV to the area. Most of the time he came home on the weekend but occasionally I visited him. You can accomplish a lot in an RV if you set your mind to it, as you have proved.
Love the apron and gloves. And I think your dogs are adorable.
Where in MS are you? If you don't want to say on here just PM me. Maybe we are close. Noobiechick is in north MS. Maybe we have enough MS folks these days to plan a get together.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I like pics and these are nice!! :lol:

cute pups

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Thanks you two!!!!!!!! 2dream, I pm'd you. Didn't mean to whine about comments!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Work at the dairy today and tomorrow and clean for Annabelle on Thursday morning. So about 10 dairy hours plus cleaning. That will help with the groceries!!!!! Woohoo!!!! I found a persimmon tree in the rv park and picked a large brown paper sacks worth. I have some bananas in with them so they will ripen hopefully by Friday (next day off).

Today, I made Mozzarella and butter, did a few dishes. Nice day but butter gets messy!

Still waiting and hopeful for a home!!!!!! Have a good day everyone!!!!!!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Today was fun! Got to go with my husband this morning and feed the herds of cows at his brothers ranch! Four different herds and we take the feed out in a Kuboda. Then had to move a small group of cows and then a bull (really big guy). It was quite cool this morning 37 at about 7am. Then we went to pay a bill and buy fruit and veggies for the week. Once we were home I went and got my haircut to a short bob--yay!!!!!!!!!! And then went grocery shopping. Not a big day but had fun! Have a good Sunday all!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Today is a pretty mellow day for me. Gotta make laundrey soap and pick up my pups meds. Buddy has Valley Fever from when we lived out in AZ. It is a fungal infection and he is on fluconazole. The vet just had me order some SAM-E for his liver. That is pretty pricey but he has been on his med for almost a year now. Maybe I will check on dosage of milk thistle as a less expensive alternative down the road. Better check my persimmons for ripeness again too. That would give me purpose! Have a good day everyone!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
mellow day for me also!

persimmons...what do you do wtih them? I am not a fan actually but we have alot of trees around. We picked a bunch of buckets (from the ground of course) and Tony threw out for his deer and I gave a bunch to the goats.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Hi Farmer Chick! The first thing that comes to mind is Persimmon Rice Pudding for our gluten free dessert! I also have a recipe for Persimmon Jam from the "pick your own" website. However, the persimmons aren't ripe yet. Tomorrow I am trying to make homemade noodles, possibly to sell.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I have never thought of using persimmions for anything. Not sure I have ever actually laid eyes on one or if I did I was not paying attention. All I remember about persimmons is my Daddy telling me when I was upset about something was "You look like a possum eat'n persimmons". :rolleyes:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
you sure don't want them unripe...bitttttteerrrr LOL (that is bitter if ya can't read it) HAHA
well you sure have use for them...you go girl!!