Snapshot--Moving on (A couple of photos added)

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Your menu sounds good! Want to send some over this way? :D
Don't think chicken mails well!:/ I hate cooking every day! I always try to cook meals that will last for a few days at least. Better get busy!!!

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I loved the pix. And please take this the right way - I loved the pic of your DH. He looks so, ... I don't know, just the picture of coolness and dare I say it... self sufficiency.

TheMartianChick

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi, Mik! You do take nice photos. I always feel like a kitchen slug when I read about all of the things that you make. I am also quite fond of the name Annabelle since my childhood babysitter had the same name.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Thanks Rathbone and Martian Chick!!!!!! DH is still the best looking man I know!!!!!!

What a day!!!!!!
Started out nomally as DH and I left at 6:30 to go to work at the ranch and I was cleaning for a lady. About an hour later we got a call from the rv park manager saying get back fast and get the pups out of the trailer! Flash flood!!! I made a quick list as we sped home - 15 miles. Threw everything in two trash bags and grabbed BOB and dogs and out the door!!! It came up so fast that by the time we got home it was too late to pull the trailer out. I'll post a couple of photos in a bit. We were the only trailer that did not get out but we spent the day waiting and praying and God stopped the water within an inch of the door--it covered all the steps, Once it started going down, it went pretty quick and we were back in and settled in time for pups dinnertime. We are thanking God still!!!!!

When I got on the computer a few minutes ago there are two more flash flood warnings starting this afternoon and going through Saturday morning. With all this new water soaking in now, if it happens again--we're out of here! We called DHs brother and told him we were coming to stay with him for a week--us and dogs--could've heard a pin drop. hee hee!

To end the day though, DHs brother says the guy is supposed to show up tomorrow with papers to buy the fixer upper we have been waiting on!!! I just can't do the happy dance yet as this was supposed to happen on Jan 9th and then the guy never showed and wouldn't return our calls. But please pray that it will go through! This trailer has gotten much smaller since adding Molly to the mix!!! She is getting spayed tomorrow. Even if the creek does rise!!!!!!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Yikes! Glad everyone was OK! Hope this comes thru for you this time.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Flash floods are scary!! We had a major one here last July, wiped out the road to our place and made a giant ravine through the lot next to ours. So glad y'all are OK! And you're added to my prayer list!!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
A few photos from today. First one is looking from the river with water coming into park.

3685_2.jpg

Second photo is our trailer ( the vehicle belongs to a neighbor)

3685_5.jpg

Third one is just a little humor!

3685_1.jpg

Lastly (and my favorite), after the day we had today--Let sleeping dogs lie!

3685_sleeping_dogs.jpg

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Wow Snap! Nice pics, too bad it was your reality today!! I'd be stressed out...looks like the DH is handling it well though ;) Hey if ya need a place to park, come here...we're on a hill. Wet, but at least ya won't float away!!! We have a wide gravel drive where we used to park our own rig. Welcome to the spot if ya need it :)

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Wow Snap! Nice pics, too bad it was your reality today!! I'd be stressed out...looks like the DH is handling it well though ;) Hey if ya need a place to park, come here...we're on a hill. Wet, but at least ya won't float away!!! We have a wide gravel drive where we used to park our own rig. Welcome to the spot if ya need it :)
Too far for DH to drive and take care of the cows every day! Thanks though! If this house thing goes through we will feel a little safer--not right by the river!

Hey-those photos are with my new little camera--I sent the kodak back and got a canon. That's the brand I have used for years. It does what we need it to!