So I want Goats.......

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow - that's some good prices for papered! Around here papered will put you back $350 for a doe/$200 for a buck and prolly $125 ish for a wether.

That's why I got into nice quality UNPapered goats - to give people like me a fair shot of the "dreamland"

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I paid $150 for my registered Boer does about 15 years ago...lol

I paid $450 for the reg. Boer buck

Honestly unless you are into show goats, you don't recoup well on these prices. Unless you get the nutso to pay what I paid haha

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
No Goats :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit

She wouldnt even consider it. She said we didnt have enough room and I told her we did and I explained it and she still wouldnt budge. Then she said she didnt want to be tied down to them.....so nevermind.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
No Goats :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit

She wouldnt even consider it. She said we didnt have enough room and I told her we did and I explained it and she still wouldnt budge. Then she said she didnt want to be tied down to them.....so nevermind.
:hugs Hang in there kiddo. It will happen some day for you!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
And enjoy the heck out of the critters you do have and that wonderful life you get to live. Not all kids get to have that, so it's not all bad, right?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
goats of the future----some have your name on them :lol:

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
There is a tiny light at the end of the tunnel, Im getting the Aunt to talk to her about it. She thought it was a great idea. And she figured the only thing about it that didnt appeal to Mom is the milking when Im gone. Is there anyway possible aroind that every other weekend?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Nope. They must be milked regularly. What about your aunt? Milking is a very soothing task (when the goat is trained) and quite stress-relieving and satisfying....

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Nope. They must be milked regularly. What about your aunt? Milking is a very soothing task (when the goat is trained) and quite stress-relieving and satisfying....
She is usually gone the weekends Im gone. Shoot.....I was hoping for a loop hole.