So much evil

HornyToadAcres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Okay, forget Gab. Their groups feature is still not working well and I don't want to lead y'all through a desert of tetchy tech. But the rumblings are that MeWe will soon be acting like FB in taking down unruly groups. I am looking at an app I used several years ago called Telegram which is still going strong, available on all platforms and had a lot of nice features. Will report back. This is helping me get through having not covered my precious bamboo last night and it frosted. :he

Something Cool

Power Conserver
Reaction score
As a telegram user, it's more of a content distribution app. Followers can respond to content posted, but not add new content.

Gab is fixing stuff daily. The influx of people is astounding.

MeWe is headed down the censorship path

Clouthub is another option but the whole platform is very spammy.

I haven't been on rumble much. What's their issue?

Something Cool

Power Conserver
Reaction score
It's amazingly sad, there is such a struggle, finding a platform that allows us to exercise our first amendment rights.
Gab does this very well. Software is glitchy at the moment from sheer volume. Owner is self sufficient and hardened from cancel culture. Has their own hardware and data centers.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
As a telegram user, it's more of a content distribution app. Followers can respond to content posted, but not add new content.

Screenshot_20210211-102356~2.png

Note these are not my words, I included the source.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
What about setting up our own forum. @Beekissed, can you weigh in on this, perhaps in a PM to me, if you don't want to do it in this public format????
You can set up your own forum, but as we have found, it's not just members who can view what you say. Most free forum sites expect you to keep it an open forum and I'm not sure about those you pay for and if you can make it members only who can view the content. I haven't researched that as I haven't had time but it sure would be nice to be able to speak freely without eavesdroppers.

HornyToadAcres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

Telegram may have changed. When I used it, I was on a group where anyone could contribute. I "think" it can be used in different ways.

Totally agree about Gab. My concern is that "groups" are not near the top of the priority list re a post reposted yesterday.

Agree about Mewe - that would be a temporary landing site at best from all reports.

Clouthub is one I have not used.

Sad about Rumble - very well designed platform. I was on Parler but detested the interface.
[self censoring very political analogy I almost made hahahaha - had to do with lots of choices that are really all the same]

HornyToadAcres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to "ruin" this forum with politics. I have been kicked off summarily from a knitting site that I didn't even know had a political section. It still smarts.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to "ruin" this forum with politics. I have been kicked off summarily from a knitting site that I didn't even know had a political section. It still smarts.

HTA: This forum has shut down threads here before when folks have stated their true feelings. So, this is not the place, agreed.

Since I am so darned clueless with some of this electronic stuff, if y'all do that, I would like to be included. Someone please PM me with instructions.... or tell me to send my e-mail or phone # and I will text or talk so someone can walk me through it. I really would like to participate in being able to discuss some of the things that are going on and weigh heavily on my head and heart....

Jan, If we all end up congregating some where, we'll be sure to include you. Creal is the most likely person to talk you through it. I'm pretty clueless, myself. But, I am on MeWe.