So.....What did you get for Christmas?

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
If you celebrated with gift exchanges post it here. It will be interesting to see who got what from their SS wish list.

Edited for spelling. I am totally surprised anyone could understand that sentence. LOL

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Let's see, so far I got a metal collander and a GPS from my mother. Also recieved a blue very soft throw blanket.

I'm getting a prescription and contacts from my mother in law.

I got a trio of rare Silver Fox rabbits from my hubby for Christmas.

Adam got a coat from his mother and another from his aunt.

I was going to be giving him a climbing deer stand for Christmas, but thanks to Dick's Sporting goods, that won't happen until next year's hunting season.

So as far as "SS gifts" I think the rabbits are the biggest. :p

I'll report back in the morning after Santa comes. ;)

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i know what im getting....... :bow muck boots :weee , the absolute best work/hunting water proof boots ever made if you havent ever tried them then when your boots wear out try them youll never get another brand.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
DH got me a new Carhartt chore coat, and a Buck knife for processing and skinning. I also got a sharpening stone, and a camo shirt.

As for the muck boots....my FIL has a pair, and seems to really like them.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
buckeye lady said:
An enamel coated cast iron dutch oven from Myself!
My dream gift. And one I will also have to purchase for myself.
You may be my inspiration to go get one next year. (as in like the first week of next year) :gig

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'm not sure about some of the gifts, but I got a great book called Backyard Beekeeping and some money so far. Love them both! :D Will have to wait until tomorrow to see the rest......

Oh! And I got a peaceful home for the holidays, which I specifically requested and the boys are doing a great job of complying to my wishes. For this I thank God! :)

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I was surprised. The guys at work went in together and bought me a really great Leatherman multi tool. :weee

I did get my zip ties and duct tape along with a nice supply of staples for my staple gun from DH. And he surprised me with something I would have never dreamed of. A dust cather.

It is a beautiful crystal ball bigger than a baseball and the stand for it is made like a tree with the most gorgeous (sp) parrot of greens and blues I have ever seen sitting atop it.
I hate dust cathers but am rather fond of crystal balls. So he got a thumbs up for the thought but a thumbs down for spending the money. Along with a hug and a kiss because I love it.

I really was not expecting anything because we just purchased a new bed a few days ago. (Which was my biggest wish for Christmas). We got the Select Comfort sleep number bed and it arrived Monday. We put it together Tuesday night. Anyone out there with back problems. This is the dream bed.

So all in all it was a wonderful Christmas Eve. Today will be spent cooking. I am going Saturday to see my children and grandchildren. Along with a car load of gifts for the kids I will also be carting lots of food 90 miles.

Merry Christmas everyone.

hikerchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Some Macoun apples, cookies, and gas station gift certificate from one friend, and a punch ticket good for 10 yoga classes from another.