So, what'd ya get?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH got me a new sewing machine and I got him the LED lit, pistol site he's been wanting.

I got a lot of kitchen towels, cloths and pot holders like I asked. My brother got me four of the plates I asked for so now I just go out and buy four more and I have a nice set.

Mom gave me some very old aluminum ice cube trays and pans she found and an old hand beater that turns smoother than anything I've ever felt before.

DH got a couple boxes of ammo, a magnesium firestarter, a nice knife, and the most important thing; chocolate.

I gave the chickens some peanuts and the kittens got some treats. The dogs will get nice raw bones when I pick them up from the kennel tomorrow.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
DH got the most important thing; chocolate.
:drool I hardly got any chocolate this year. One of the companies hubby deals w/sent a big box of chocolates, so he figured that was good enough. Only problem being, I don't like the majority of the chocolates in the box. :sick

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Heavy duty insulated work boots, a new Carhartt work jacket, and enough $$ to make a special trip to the food processing section of Cabela's!!!!! :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
blue topaz and diamond earrings (birthstone)
blue topaz and diamond necklace to match (very pretty set)

I bought myself a nice new coat I wanted and wrapped it from hubby :lol:

money gift cards from inlaws and parents

coffeemaker for hubby with tons of fancy coffees/creamers and Visa gift cards. I think he is getting a new gun he wants.

Kiddo got an electric scooter, IPOD and all the accessories, Jingle the Dog, new printer for her laptop and a ton of little toys she likes (things like paint by number, books, DS games etc)

oh--we squeezed in and booked an extra trip to the beach as a family present to ourselves during Nicole's school vacation. something we didn't plan on doing but decided to say what the heck and lock it in.

Santa treated us all real good this year :)

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The Wife got me a dehydrator, which I've been wanting for a year. It's not the excalibur, but that's OK. If I end up doing a lot of dehydrating, I'll probably end up making a big passive solar dehydrator anyway. This one is for practice.

desertcat

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
An IPod that I had reallllly wanted, but wasn't about to buy for myself, AND (drumroll, please) 2 eggs from my molting hens :clap

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
desertcat said:
An IPod that I had reallllly wanted, but wasn't about to buy for myself, AND (drumroll, please) 2 eggs from my molting hens :clap
I can't remember; do you have lights on them?

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I got the same thing I get every year from the hubster - absolutely nothing. I generously reciprocated in kind :D We don't do presents. He tried to buy me stuff the first year we were married (on plastic! The HORROR!), and I returned it all. :p We both got money from the parents, and gift cards (to Lowes & a grocery store) from siblings. DH's nephew gave us a great handmade card that said 'I LOVE YOU', which was my absolute favorite gift! I made all the gifts we gave this year, except for one (a study bible for my niece). Those gifts went over like a lead balloon :/ Made fleece muck boot liners for DS. He seemed to like them. :hu I'm just glad it's over - it's gotten too commercialized at the 'family Christmas' for my liking. Couldn't even get anybody to sing carols - they all looked at me like I'd just grown a third eye!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
SSD, I hear ya. I can't get my family to do a simpler Christmas. Hubby insists on buying expensive gifts. I'd rather have cheaper and put more towards the bills. Besides the welding helmet and tool kit, which is what I asked for, he also got me a 32" flat screen TV for in my bedroom. (We don't sleep together-he snores too much and keeps me up, plus I like the room cool w/a lot of blankets, he likes it hot w/almost no blankets.) I barely watch TV in there and didn't really need it. Last year, he got me a GPS. I've never used it, though he has. I have no use for it.

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My mum got me a book on chcickens and one on bees. I got myself a 5 tier metal wire shelving unit for supplies,and the Back to Basic book. I plan to get myself that volcano 2 stove,a bucket toilet,and a water filtration kit.Yeah,we are kind of the *buy your own* gift types,or atleast we tell others what we want.Suprises are nice though.

I want a new house too. I detest my location.