So, what'd ya get?

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Last year, he got me a GPS. I've never used it, though he has. I have no use for it.
Lol, I often buy gifts for dh that I would not mind using too,so in a way it is like buying a gift for myself.

That is great that you sleep seperate due to needs.I don't get the whole we are married *we must sleep together* when doing so results in poor sleep for both.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Mattemma said:
Denim Deb said:
Last year, he got me a GPS. I've never used it, though he has. I have no use for it.
Lol, I often buy gifts for dh that I would not mind using too,so in a way it is like buying a gift for myself.

That is great that you sleep seperate due to needs.I don't get the whole we are married *we must sleep together* when doing so results in poor sleep for both.
I agree. I'm running into more and more people who are sleeping separate. And, for many, it actually strengthens their marriage since they're getting adequate, restful sleep.

desertcat

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Since it's decided to be winter and the girls are still mostly naked, I have a heat lamp in the coop. I'm really kinda surprised, they're 4 years old, and all 3 have started laying this week. Best present I could get...was about to have to (gasp) buy eggs!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
prep minded-- an AM/FM shortwave, weather radio and dhs promise to build wall shelves on 2 walls in my office.

non prep--Hamilton beach stand mixer w/ paddle, dough hook and whisk. Just couldn't spend the big money on a kitchen aid when I have never had one and not sure how much I will use it.

Brother in law gave us his gently used couch and loveseat-leather. Yay for furniture as we had stalled out finding pieces.

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I received a lambs wool coat for wearing to church etc and another coat for everyday.. leather gloves and scarf to go with lambs wool coat, a flannel night gown and matching bath robe and 3 corduroy shirts from hubby.. Sister in law game me an organizer on wheels with 9 baskets. my two boys gave me gift cards one for Lowes ( if they have them will put towards waffle iron) our other kicked the bucket, and gift card for catherines.
I really needed the coats have been making due with shawl for church. and my everyday coat was starting to look terrible..
I gave hubby several shirts and some flannel night pants, and a new blower that is gas operated. and a 5 in one knife. I also gave one to my two boys also and kept one for myself.. they come with spoon, knife fork, can opener and one other item.

Living the Simple Life

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I got a whole new set of Pyrex measuring cups...nice, but I really wanted (and asked for) a chainsaw. I promised hubby a pair of flannel lined jeans - man, they cost almost as much as a chainsaw!

Mame

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I got a laptop, which I can use to go on this website. Does that count? ;)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Mame said:
I got a laptop, which I can use to go on this website. Does that count? ;)
Of course! How else can you learn from all of us great people if you can't get on here? :D

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have to chime in on this one.

I bought myself, well from the family of course, a 30 quart All American canner.

I can't wait to use it. :D

G

Avalon1984

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Got hubby an Ash Vaccum and an emergency radio. I got more ammo for my .22 and more lead ropes. My barn seems to do the same thing like socks in a dryer, just with lead ropes.