krisac

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Those look good enough to eat!!!
Kristina:cool:

krisac

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Does ANYONE have a recipe for goat's milk shampoo. I need to state that I do not have the equipment for liquid soapmaking. I do have goats milk liquid soap base, castille soap and Lord know what else in my kitchen. I have searched the web for three days. I did find a recipe and subbed the water for GM and made bars, waiting to see who that turns out. but I would really like a liquid shampoo, that I don't have to buy SLSa, polyquat 7, dimethecone, panthenol, SCI, and cocamidoproryl betaine for.
Anyone....Beuller...Anyone???

Kristina

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
I'm confused. Are you looking to make a solid GM shampoo? Or a liquid?

You say you don't have the equipment for liquid soapmaking but then later state you really want to make liquid soap. I'm confused.

krisac

Power Conserver
Reaction score
shampoo syndet bar or liquid.
I write things but they never seem to make sense to other people. maybe my head goes faster than my fingers?:)

krisac

Power Conserver
Reaction score
for liquid soap, I've read about maybe shredding my cp bars, using the goat milk soap base, castille soap, I don't know what to add. Sorry I didn't see the rest of your post.
Kristina

me&thegals

Reaction score
I'm not sure what "GM soap base" you are referring to. The solid CP bars you just made with GM?

SYNDET bars will take as many extra ingredients (I think) as liquid shampoo. They are far more than just lye, liquid and oil. If you feel the LS is too complex or costly, it seems that SYNDET bars might be also...

I've made liquid soap by shredding bars, adding water and melting down. It turns into snot and does not smell good. Anything liquid should have a preservative in it, something I'm not willing to research well or spend money on...

krisac

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I bought liquid goats milk soap base from Brambleberry. the shredding is from from my hoards of regular GM cp bars I have made. the other forums I have been on seem (and I apologize to any cross-over's here) to think you have to make everything out of every chemical abbreviation known to man. I don't mind using preservative or even a few chemical if I have to, but if the whole thing ends up reading like the label on a pricey salon brand what was the point? I know syndet bars take a lot of ingredients, my search is to find a syndet bar or liquid shampoo with goats milk that has natural ingredients mostly.
Kristina

me&thegals

Reaction score
SYNDET means "synthetic detergent," so SYNDET and natural do not go in the same sentence.

If you want a shampoo bar, make a CP highly sudsing bar of soap and use it for shampoo.
If your hair doesn't like that, then perhaps you need to try some with chemicals to see how
your hair responds to them.

I'm on the forum I believe you are referring to. People there are not clinging to chemicals, but
they do have their uses, and lotion, liquid shampoo, syndet bars are 3 places they are useful.

What does the ingredient list on your liquid GM soap look like from BB? I imagine it has plenty
of chemicals and preservatives since it is liquid. If you're trying to stay away from that, it
doesn't make sense to me to simply shred your GM soap and add them in.

Are you trying to sell? I guess I don't understand your goal. You can make a great CP shampoo
bar with everything "natural" except the lye. Why are you set on SYNDET bars? Just trying
to make sense of it all :)