Solar Storms and the 2012 Prophecy

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
Actually there is an effort right now to get 50 billion to update our infrastructure including the grid. It might make it past the House but if will get filibustered by 40 people in the Senate. Not because of signs though. It will be because it would help the country and we can't do that for another 2 years minimum.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So this site I came across has some very interesting pictures.
First lets look at what happened with solar flars on Aug 1 that impacted western Europe and over the Atlantic Ocean and cause mega Aurora Boreallias (sp?) over the ocean

http://modernsurvivalblog.com/solar-cycle/solar-flare-august-1-2010/

This page tells what has been happening on the sun the last few days. The good news with this one is the sun is in the process of turning this whole mess away from us for the next 12 days. We can hope that it will be discharged before it turns our way again.
http://modernsurvivalblog.com/solar-cycle/enormous-ring-is-developing-on-the-sun/

This page gets down to the nitty gritty of the disaster that would ensue.
http://modernsurvivalblog.com/solar-cycle/on-the-precipice-of-solar-induced-disaster/

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dunkopf said:
Actually there is an effort right now to get 50 billion to update our infrastructure including the grid. It might make it past the House but if will get filibustered by 40 people in the Senate. Not because of signs though. It will be because it would help the country and we can't do that for another 2 years minimum.
Yes, god forbid that the Obama administration or cabinet or house might look like they did something right... must stop that at all costs so republican's and their type of foolery can, over the democratic type of foolery can take over, so we can just have continued foolery at the expense of everyone on into the future.

Meanwhile we are all doomed to the fate of natural occurances because everyone is so stalemated they cannot hear nor attend to the leading minds in science, that nothing ever gets done.

I am so sick of them ALL.

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
Mackay said:
Dunkopf said:
Yes, god forbid that the Obama administration or cabinet or house might look like they did something right... must stop that at all costs so republican's and their type of foolery can, over the democratic type of foolery can take over, so we can just have continued foolery at the expense of everyone on into the future.

Meanwhile we are all doomed to the fate of natural occurances because everyone is so stalemated they cannot hear nor attend to the leading minds in science, that nothing ever gets done.

I am so sick of them ALL.
I'm sick of them too. ALL of them. They need to make the filibuster rules the way they used to be. It has turned the Senate in to a sick joke.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Don't count any ANYthing changing until TSHTF (in other words, after it's too late). It took 9/11 & 3000 people dying before anyone figured out it just wasn't a good idea to let people bring box cutters on a freakin' plane, for pete's sake! :/

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Dunkopf said:
You guys must be getting it ... 50 billion...from Canada...our hydro costs have risen dramatically in the past year :barnie

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well tomorrow is supposed to be the day for the next flare.

Anyone doing anything special?? Lead lined box for your computers??

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
On Our own said:

Yup. Got my tin-foil hat right here. :fl

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
On Our own said:

According to the Joint USAF/NOAA Report of Solar and Geophysical Activity 24 October 2010, "The geomagnetic field is expected to be at mostly unsettled levels on days one and two (25 -26 October) due to coronal hole effects. Day three (27 October) will see quiet to unsettled levels as the coronal hole effects subside."

Nothing to worry about. :)