Some things just can't be prepared for

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh yes we are so lucky none of these wars were fought on our land.

what germany, france, poland, etc. all had to go thru was horrendous.

but it sure happens and nothing will change the need for power and greed. it is built into mankind. sad but true.

only thing we can hope----is no one ever pushes a button. that we do know what we can destroy. that we understand and know deep down we can "never go there"....we can never push those buttons ever again.

life on a whole is so strange. the whole circle and diversity of lands is what makes it wonderful and horrible for issues at the same time.

Ugh

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
enjoy the ride said:
with glacially slow dial up, additional postings change what I intended to say
Glacially slow---:gig

LOL--are you sure the glaciers didn't move FASTER...hahaha

gal are you going to be able to ever get DSL and all that high speed type? or are you not going to bother?

I had dial up for many many years. Only 2 years ago I got DSL. I love it of course. But I never wanted to pay the price, but then when I needed to work more on the 'puter, I decided to bite the bullet and do it.

are you thinking of upgrading?

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Well- AT&T has strung wires about 1/2 the way up the hill and about 1/4 the way down the hill but these's still a big gap and I haven't seen anyone working on it in awhile. Can only hope........ :idunno

Reaction score
Are you able to get wireless? It is actually a radio based signal. Doesn't go out during inclement weather like satellite does. It's also cheaper to install. We have had it for 5 years and it works great. Cost 165.00 to install and runs 39.99 a month.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
He he he- inclement weather. I live in a place where it rains more than it doesn't in 7 months of the year. That's why all those redwood trees are so big and green. :gig
But thanks for the thought. I'll ask around- I've never heard anyone mention it though.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
A big gap---well heck now that sure doesn't help you one bit! :p

hope they fill that gap soon for you!!!!!

grandma

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
for me the opposite

No one will make me GO

I want to be around as long as I can..LOL

I will try to live thru it all and be one of the new people of mankind!!!

I will try to survive as long as humanely possible. No one will take that from me if I can help it. Drag it out for me---as long as I can..LOL
This is how I feel as well..I want to be here as long as possible; life is good.