Something ate all my ripe blueberrries..................

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
My first really good crop of blueberries was ripening under the bird netting and I was so lookint forward to them. I checked yesterday and they were all gone- every last one even somewas blue.....................
The bird netting is not disturbed so I really don't know what got in- I can't find any holes. Could be a fox I suppose- they are really clever little creatures.
Back to the thinking about protecting my fruit- apples are starting to come ripe next.

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
X( !! So sorry

I was just waiting on my first ever pears to get ready and saw yesterday that something (probably a bird) has eaten trenches out of a lot of them.... it's so disheartening. :(

Could it be rats you have? Pretty sure that is what is eating my tomatoes because they climb to get the high ones and crawl to get the low ones and easily get the most inaccessible ones.

If it is something climbing onto them from the ground, you can try spraying something noxious on the ground around it. But you may have to spray every day. Something like hot pepper sauce or cayenne powder mixed with water or garlic juice or something like that.

Cassandra

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I'm thinking squirrel although we doe have woodrats- I wonder how far I
ll have to go to protect them next year- I'm thinking electric netting.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Robins!!!!
Yesterday I saw two robins under the netting- I started to chase them off when I stopped thinking they would get caught in the netting. But no, they had found small places where the netting was off the ground and knew right where to fly out.
I have now weighted the netting down every foot or so with rocks- hopefully I can save what's left of my crop.