Son Broke Leg

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My 12-year old son broke his leg Tuesday night. He was at a friend's house and jumped off their roof on the trampoline. She called and told me that she thought it was broke. I drove there and sure enough one look and I knew it was broke. I had her call an ambulance. They took him to the big city and DH and I followed.

We had to have someone with a big vehicle meet us and drive us home because he would have been too uncomfortable to try DH's tiny, rough driving truck. We go to the Orthopedic Surgeon tomorrow to see what they think. It's in a soft wrap until the swelling is down. Poor baby is in so much pain.

My car is in the shop so we rented a car to drive him tomorrow to the doctor. He is already dreading the trip and who could blame him.

The ER doc told him his career as a stuntman is over!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Holy Cow! I'm so sorry that ya'll are going through this. :hugs Wow - jumped off the roof...:th Hope the Ortho guy has good news. :fl

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The ER doc said it looked like a pretty clean break. Tibia and another bone I can't remember.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Probably what they call a" tib/fib fracture". Tibia and Fibula are the bones in the lower leg. The tibia is the big one, fibula is smaller and runs parallel to the tibia. Usually they heal very well - especially in a younger person. Hope that's the case for your son!

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Goodness, so sorry to hear this! I hope you'll get good news from the orthopaedic and he'll feel better soon :hugs

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That sounds about right. Today he actually wanted off the bed to lay on the couch. Of course he regretted it as soon as he was settled. I told him to rest there for awhile. Actually the rest is more for me. He only weighs 105 pounds but he doesn't want anyone but Mama helping him.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:hugs So sorry. He'll have plenty of time to think about not doing those type things while he's laid up for a while.:th

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
When it happened he just kept saying "Sorry, sorry, sorry!". I have a feeling he will be much more cautious now.

The funny thing is the insurance company had canceled him and for the last two months I was trying to get him back on it. We just got the notice that they were renewing it Saturday. Whew! Thank God for that.

Miss Lydia

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh gosh so sorry, happy to hear it wasn't worse. Once we were camping out in the middle of the forest in a primitive camp. My dh was horsing around with our kids and my dd jump onto his back and she fell off broke her arm never seen 2 people pack up a camp site so fast before then we had to drive 50 miles to nearest hospital They took xrays and said yep it's broken and sent us back to our town and nearest hospital there. :rolleyes:Thankfully a clean break too.
Hope your son feels better soon.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Yikes!! Sorry you're dealing with this too. I bet he did learn his lesson, too bad he has to feel it for so long. :(

:hugs:hugsHugs for both of you!