Spelling and grammar

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Newspapers are also a great source of examples.

Tallman, I had a professor for a distance learning course I took whose last name was Tallman.

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
Newspapers are also a great source of examples.

Tallman, I had a professor for a distance learning course I took whose last name was Tallman.
Not me!

clstratton

Power Conserver
Reaction score
"I've trying to get a job in this field, wildlife biology, for almost 4 years now."

Found this on someone's journal today. Bet you all can figure out who. :lol: :lol: :lol: :hide

Love you Poppers! I'm sure fast fingers strikes again, right?

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Yep fast fingers. Wonder how many others will catch it on their own.

clstratton

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I guess it all depends on which thread they check first. The journal or this one?

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
clstratton said:
"I've trying to get a job in this field, wildlife biology, for almost 4 years now."

Found this on someone's journal today. Bet you all can figure out who. :lol: :lol: :lol: :hide

I saw that too, but when I saw who wrote it, I just thought that there was something new put into the language pipeline that I didn't know about. :hu

clstratton

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Tallman said:
clstratton said:

I saw that too, but when I saw who wrote it, I just thought that there was something new put into the language pipeline that I didn't know about. :hu
:yuckyuck

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I'm going to start counting how many times I find the word "definitely" spelled "definately". It is starting to really get to me for some reason. That isn't even how it sounds phonetically, at least around here.
Mini-rant over....

edited to fix spelling error :rolleyes:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
When did "prolly" become part of the English language? I'm curious..... :hu Seems folks are using in place of "probably" while writing on the forums. Is spelling just too darn hard for this generation? Its happening all around us and noone bats an eye! :th

Today, while at the library, I overheard a lady talking about her daughter enrolling in "kindy garden" and I had to cringe. :barnie