Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
2 very large sweet red peppers
3 jalapeno peppers
1 cup raw apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups erythritol
3/4 tsp sea salt
3 Tbsp no sugar needed pectin powder

Roast all peppers, making sure the skins are charred. Place in a covered dish or paper bag to sweat for about 15 minutes. Rinse off pepper skins. Place peppers in a food processor and pulse. Cook peppers in vinegar and add erythritol and salt. Slowly add pectin while stirring. Bring to a boil that can't be stirred down. Hot pack and water bath can.

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Yeah you can use actual sugar. The recipe I modified called for sugar.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Please tell me that this tastes like the sweet hot chili sauce that franks red hot makes... I get an asian version too.. we love that stuff! :drool

Wifezilla

Reaction score
I have never had that. It is sweet and hot though. Not overly sweet though. It tastes REALLY good with cream cheese on either a jicama slice or wheat thin.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I use mine on egg rolls and the home made chicken nuggets.. I often buy red jalapenos by the 1/4 bushel and we smoke them for chipotle but if I could make a good 12 or so pints of this instead of buying it I would be happy!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
How many pints did you make? I could trade you a jelly :D

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
sufficientforme said:
Emerald said:
Please tell me that this tastes like the sweet hot chili sauce that franks red hot makes... I get an asian version too.. we love that stuff! :drool
This might be what you are looking for, it is on this weeks list of canning :D
http://www.foodiewithfamily.com/2010/08/24/thai-sweet-and-hot-garlic-dipping-sauce/
Thanks! That looks great! I was going to just add garlic to any sweet hot recipe that I found... I do wonder how it will do with fresh red chilis(of any type) as compared to dry flakes?
Maybe I will just dice fine my hot peppers(and a few sweet ones too to round out the flavors) and pour the hot syrup/garlic over the tops and then process in the hot water bath. Kinda like I make my sweet onion relish.. Found that the veggies stay a bit "crunchier" if I jut pour the hot liquids over the chopped veg and then process. Doesn't seem to affect the product sealing either..
I may break down and try a siracha type some year too... we must go thru 3 of the big bottles a year.. and a gallon of franks red hot... Serious chili heads in the family.. even the three year old eats the pepper cheese and has to have hot sauce(lightly tho) on her tacos.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
sufficientforme said:
1/4 cup finely minced fresh garlic (Peel and mince your own garlic, please. Pre-minced garlic in jars just isnt good enough for this recipe.)
1/2 Tablespoon Kosher salt
3 cups cider vinegar
3 cups granulated white sugar
1/4 cup (less if your heat tolerance is lower) crushed red pepper flakes

Gonna halve the recipe... Can I get away with dropping MOST of that sugar? Like 1 cup of honey?