Sponsoring a 9 year old from Puru

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today when my heart is hurting, I received a letter from Puru. It's so hard connecting with him. It takes months to send and receive letters. Email letters aren't much faster. I'm so glad he has a happy tone to his letter, all I want, is to see him smile 😊.

Cracking a smile out of at least one person every day is my personal goal. I prefer a laugh but will settle for a smile. I thought I failed today but his letter reminded me I had my granddaughters laughing and smiling most of the day.

He said "I send many greetings and blessings for your entire family" He has no idea just how much he has blessed us. I still can not get over his handwriting. Mine is a bunch of scribbles, his is neat as a pin.

IMG_20211213_214001237_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20211213_214048061_HDR~3.jpg

IMG_20211213_214014275_HDR~2.jpg

Proverbs 28:20

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got another letter 💌 We were writing about wood working, so I sent him a picture of one of the guitars I made. I also sent him a nice Christmas and birthday present. I try and remember to keep him covered up in prayers. I haven't sent him any pictures of the cattle yet. I'm interested to see what he thinks about them 😁
Screenshot_20220117-010801.png

You can't out give Almighty, it's all His anyways.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That is awesome. What a window to another part of the world that is so very different from ours!

Simpleterrier

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hey new here but have been on backyard herd for a long while. It's pretty neat sponsoring a kid from Peru. Me and my wife went on a work team to work on a church in Peru about 6 yrs ago we have missionary friends who live and work there. Also my daughter who is 7 best friend is Peruvian and lives here and goes to church with us

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey new here but have been on backyard herd for a long while. It's pretty neat sponsoring a kid from Peru. Me and my wife went on a work team to work on a church in Peru about 6 yrs ago we have missionary friends who live and work there. Also my daughter who is 7 best friend is Peruvian and lives here and goes to church with us
That is so awesome

James 1:27

One day I would really like to go visit Jairo and meet his family if only for a short while. All I really want is to see him smile. I'm pretty sure I could crack a smile out of him.

It is a privilege and a honor to be his sponsor.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Years ago, there was an article in Reader's Digest about how a couple sponsored a child in Greece. The article was about the impact they made on the young man's life, he was all grown up. The couple made the trip to Greece to meet him and they had a joyous reunion.

Latest posts