Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What are you going to do with the gobs of spinach?
Give it away. It’s actually “vining spinach” or albemarle (if I spelled that right) so when the leaves get too big it has the sliminess of okra and it tastes like I’m eating the lawn. Not a huge fan. But my neighbors and church may like some.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Visited a local butcher shop after work last night. The beef is all local and fresh, bought way too much. Lol

Ground chuck, stew meat, 20lb of meat to make jerky, bacon, trail bologna, and chorizo. All fresh and not frozen.

I plan to have jerky ready for my son when he makes it back to Ohio

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Maybe I will try the wing place on Thursday.

Spent gobs of money buying all sorts of gluten free breakfast bars type things for second kid.

He is in the dorms this year, forced to get a meal plan... and the cafeteria is failing with having gluten free stuff.

Poor kid.

But... he is making a zooming drive by the house on Friday.... not sure if he is staying the night, or just a hit and run.... so I wanted to have a huge pile of food to hand him.

The reason he is running through town is to help a friend move up to Anchorage.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our daughter was in a dorm that had a kitchen on the first floor. She didn't eat the college food, it was yukky. But she ate rather well. Other kids didn't like the food either. So she told them what to buy, she cooked it and ate for free. The other kids were amazed that she could cook. Even a simple grilled cheese sandwich was like she invented fire.