Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My wife lived with me all throughout college and regrets nothing. I highly recommend it.
He lived at home at first (huge cost savings) ... but now he has to be at the main campus in Anchorage for the classes he needs. Anchorage is multi-hours drive away.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I picked some of those 2-3 inch diameter apples that grow by the drive. Usually we don't bother with them other than as chicken food. They taste about like a golden delicious without being mealy. Usually occasional worm since we don't spray. I cut out any bad spots, quartered, and cored. Simmered until soft. Ran through food mill to remove peel and make consistent texture.

Made a thick sauce that isn't half bad. I canned it up for later. Glad to find a good use for those.

On another note, Mom is super jealous of the chickens and their zucchini diet. I'm going to have to shred some up and freeze for her.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Here's a what the heck moment. The door to the basement does not have a bolt/knob. Keeping the door shut and preventing the cats from going downstairs simply needed a small box.

Now, these determined cusses think they MUST be in the basement. They moved a stack of two boxes, each with 3 1 gallon water jugs in them, plus, extracting TWO door stops from under the door. Got up to find the door open enough for them to get downstairs.

Sitting here laughing as I type this