• Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you have opinionated and spoiled silkies? :lol:

Today I'm reviewing which goats I want to, or will, take to auction on Sat....with that comes a plan to separate and contain overnight Fri to load up Sat morning. Loading is the easy part! 😁 Gotta take a couple things out of the trailer -- temp storage, ya know! But proud that is really IS only a couple things...5 min!. :clapGood girl. I'll get it moved out and mow all over the area while it's in. Planning to come home empty....but, never know what will be there. Last few times I spent a little, bought nothing that needed to be fed!

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Menard's had cases of wide mouth lids and these today

we just need to have some lids for next year. i think we're set for this year. perhaps next year we can get rid of the wide-mouth jars and i can replace them with more small mouth instead. i have no use for wide mouth jars. we have some half gallon jars too and those are wide-mouth but at least those can be reused for other things too if needed.

i just hate having different sized jars in general, it's a lot of wasted space and we're short on space so having different versions isn't good. i'll get over it though as for sure when i do need jars at least i have something.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I do prefer the wide mouth quarts for meat. Otherwise most of my jars are regular mouth.

Most of the clear half gallons are used for dry goods. I use the amber ones for Kombucha now.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I Iike wide mouth for easier filling of meats and some veggies.

Have a couple doz half gal here, which I use for goat milk. Easy for me to have a doz full! Plus I have actual half gal milk jugs that I use to take milk to others...they are returned, of course. Pricy things and only online source to buy those and their lids or handles.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Going to have an early dinner with the youngest today, looking forward to it.

The son said the last fishing group headed home Thursday, just two moose hunters left in camp. He is so ready to be back in Ohio, even for just a little bit.

And in personal news, doc changed my meds almost completely off the BP meds

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score

The son said the last fishing group headed home Thursday, just two moose hunters left in camp. He is so ready to be back in Ohio, even for just a little bit.

That is great news about your BP!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
That is great news about your

Completely surprised! My eldest and her hubby showed up we are at the baseball game!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I walked down to get the mail in the dark because I forgot. (It comes between 4-6pm.) Checked the little pacific crabapples like I've been doing every day this week. They have started turning color so time to pick in the next few days.

I looked up and with the headlamp lighting them, they looked like weird alien eggs. Just had to share it.

20210911_212853.jpg