• Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

heirloomgal

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Me too! 😯
The heat has to be turned on in both house and car. The fall rains are starting too, I'm worried for my maturing pole bean seeds out there. Hope they don't split open. Luckily I've harvested about 3/4 of the garden by this point, so that's the only crop in danger.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What does it mean when a wooly bear is fully orange?

20210914_141143.jpg

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What does it mean when a wooly bear is fully orange?

View attachment 16606
🤣

End of the world?

Up here they always say that when the fireweed blooms up to the tip, then there are 6 more weeks until snow flies. When they go to seed is seen as fall.

But, this winter we had a week of blustery wind and rain so the blossoms were all torn off before they bloomed to the top of the stalk, AND because of that....no seeds.

So? No winter? Or.... End of the world death winter? :idunno

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The only species that looks anywhere similar is orange on the bottom and black on top. Doesn't have the same habbits, though, and I've never actually seen one here. No other one has any orange.

So freak mutation. Same as when they occasionally are black or even white. Happens in all creatures. I'm wondering how likely it is to pass the mutation on.

There's a skewbald deer that lives in the city down the hill. It had a skewbald fawn last year.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Halfway through September already. Wow.

yes, this season has gone by very quickly. the cooler weather (once it gets here) makes it a lot easier to get the garden winter prep done as long as we can get enough breaks in the rains. some year's i've been able to get everything done before the snow starts flying and other years there are a few things that get left for spring.