Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Want to borrow my weirdo? He's 14 and very teenager-y. If you take a teenager and subtract junk food and subtract video games and suvtract "hanging out" and subtract internet access. And add weirdo stuff like making baskets. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤”šŸ˜†
I'll take him to! I'm not great with little kids but teens I can do. They make sense. More logic in their thoughts

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm never going to sleep again! But seriously, I had such a good relationship with my parents as a teen. I have no idea how you could live with someone you hate.

my sister and Mom used to have some really nasty fights (as in these days there'd likely be CPS involved) when the teen years came around. it ended up better that my sister went and stayed at her friend's places for a while. Mom always knew where she was at but we didn't tell my sister.

now they get along great. so don't despair as it may be something that can be gotten through in time. as long as you don't say things that can't be forgotten and/or forgiven.

if i ever had kids myself i would rather select for weirdo kinds because i'm a bit off myself so that would likely be a good thing. however, that said, i just can't cope with being interrupted all the time and i do need quiet and me time so i knew many years ago that raising children was not compatible with me. but also i think it makes a lot of difference between having your own from the start and trying to adopt someone when you're older.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got down to 19 last night, currently itā€™s around 30. Brr! Going to run some errands, nothing super exciting happening today. Iā€™m anxious to get my ewes in with the ram but the vet is coming this week for a farm call and itā€™ll be much easier to manage everyone if I donā€™t put them together quite yet. So thatā€™ll be next weekendā€™s chore!