Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I just thought hubby's comment was hilarious.

My blood sugars actually don't react to potatoes very much. It's one of my safe carbs. It's the tortilla chips and salsa I've been on for the last couple months that did me in. I've just been having super cravings for them. Which probably means I'm missing something.

Only thing worse than corn for me is rice. Mostly if I stay away from those two things my blood sugars are good.

I don't eat a lot of bread, but that's because of the issue I have with dough conditioners. Pasta is only once a week because hubby isnt huge on pasta. He wont eat potatoes more that 3 or 4 times a week. Whereas I can eat them every meal because we did when I was growing up.

salted corn chips. love 'em. could eat them many many meals a week with cheese or other stuff melted on top of them and then whatever else piled on. i'd also weigh 400lbs if i ate like that. it's the crunch, grease, salt and of course roasted corn flavors all combined in one way too easy form and can be sold in massively large boxes for not much $ making them very easy to stock up on (is the trunk of the car not big enough? ok, let's get a van... etc.) and to have around for ... *sigh* i cannot keep them in the house.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
These are corn and salt. I'll place bets it's the salt since I've never been one to use a lot in cooking. The salsa is bare bones as well.

And that makes me a hypocrite because I got on Mom recently because she doesn't use any except a little on meat. Her sodium levels are so low, her doctor is thinking of putting her on salt pills.

heheh, yes, salt, i eat very little salt on any foods here so when i do eat something crunchy and salt it is like a real jolt to the brain. i actually do have to increase my salt intake during the summer when i sweat so much out and my blood pressure does fall way too much to where i can feel faint.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
heheh, yes, salt, i eat very little salt on any foods here so when i do eat something crunchy and salt it is like a real jolt to the brain. i actually do have to increase my salt intake during the summer when i sweat so much out and my blood pressure does fall way too much to where i can feel faint.
I've had to dramatically increase my salt intake since conceiving the twins. I really dislike salty foods so I just never ate it. I kept fainting, getting dizzy, falling down. The works. I was almost put on a salt pill too.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good morning everybody!

Things are a little less dreary and frozen around these parts. My pumpkins did freeze and are now trying to thaw themselves :sick , but other than that pretty ok weather. 38* F (3*C) and arguably pretty sunny.

Breakfast this morning was an iced coffee (yes, I'm one of those people 🤣)a frozen kitkat, and an avocado. That might be the most gen-z meal I've ever eaten...

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
She sounds awesome, send her on over!
Want to borrow my weirdo? He's 14 and very teenager-y. If you take a teenager and subtract junk food and subtract video games and suvtract "hanging out" and subtract internet access. And add weirdo stuff like making baskets. 🤷‍♀️🤔😆