Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We actually have had a warm winter... as much as I hate to say it we could use some subzero temps, or we're going to have major tick issues this spring.

Good thing you have those kikos FEM!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’ve had barber pile egg count on a few of my ewes that makes me question why they aren’t dead. They will be culled, hoping their lambs from Ringo will be better than them.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have 3 ewes from one farm and one ewe from another. The 3 have needed to be dewormed once since I've owned them and the other had issues last year.... I need a ram this year... definitely know where I'm getting one! Even though the odd one out has a better fleece. Doesn't do me any good to have a bunch of dead pretty sheep.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had about 3 days in a row where we barely got above freezing and so I wormed all my girls! We had 3 more days of mid 20 nights and upper 30 days, so I'm thinking any droppings got frozen. They were sure frozen in the darned feed troughs where they like to lay during he day!

Should get to mid 50 today but, rest of week is low 40s with upper 20 nights. Since I'm home for a few days, I'll probably bake a roast, turkey breast, etc. House warms, smells good and it lets me make up some "heat & eat" meals. Work will be picking up in Feb and going too strong in Mar to do much more than chores. Nice to keep things ready to eat decent meals with little effort then. You sure don't feel like "cooking" after a 10 hr day + chores! But you do need to have a real meal, not junk.

Went to sleep in front of news on TV, now I'm up at a terrible hour! Bad girl.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Someone is upset I am in her usual morning spot
20200201_082126.jpg