Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Way back in the day, government surplus foods were used to provide food supplements to folks with need. Peanut butter, beans, flour, cheese, pasta and such were passed out.

Yep. Lotts of white bags with one or two words...flour, sugar, cornmeal, etc. You just went and got it.

I fully believe that SNAP should have the same restrictions as WIC.

Something similar would work....I'm for it!

Woo Hoo for a three day weekend! Oh wait... every day is a weekend for me. :celebrate

:lol: Rub it in, rascal! I have 5 days off again....this slow season is sure nice and tempting. I'm working on my retirement, as you know. So, tempting but, this slowdown tells me its very possible. I will go thru our Spring reset season...busy!!! But, profitable. LOL. Isn't your b'day this month???

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So a 27 morning here -- 21 feel like. I know, it's winter!! At least no snow, I truly dislike that stuff beyond the one day of how lovely & serene it is coming down and all white. Then, there's the go out in in part that I do not like. Getting old, because that "go out" was always the fun part when a kid. :lol:

At least the sun is out AND I did get water troughs filled late day yesterday....probably have two frozen hoses...bad girl, didn't make effort to drain them. Well, I'll get to that late day today, at evening feedings.

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hubby had me quarter it so there was more smoke flavor penetration and I could more rub on. What he likes is the outer layer. I usually half them because each end cooks differently.

I probably need to smoke a brisket and take it to my parents. They like it when I bring them smoked meats. My brothers both have smokers but she can't get either of them to do any of the meat she has. Neither of them do smoking of anything that takes a long time. Too much to put it on early and check the pellet levels every few hours. So they run theirs at high temps and more grill.

Hubby is on board with me building a smokehouse as soon as I figure out where. We have a nice stand of Alder I can manage for that use. I can probably run it just off what the beavers chew down each year that I clean up. That's been going into the firewood pile as kindling.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1579630214421.jpg