Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The dam water here is unsafe to drink, so they truck it in and the chemicals are unbearable. The shire put notices in the newsletter to report the bad fizzy, sandy water to the water corp for over a year, but most of us have given up on trying to get a response from them. There are at least 4 towns near by that have "run out" of water, so the water corp knows, they just dont particularly care with the majority of the population being on aged pension. I have yet to meet a person who doesn't have health issues, even the children seem to have a lot more issues than in your average city suburb. Safe and fresh food is in short supply too which really surprised me being in farmland.

I buy 10L of water at a time for $4. It was not an expense I considered when I moved here. I assumed mains water was safe water, and that Australia had basic living standards country wide. I was so naive haha I know that is certainly not the case now with the life expectancy being over a decade shorter for people who live out here. Diabetes is rife, even the trees are dying from salinity.

I went out this morning for a church meeting, but there was an accident on the highway and the police turned me around. I don't know what happened but looking on the emergency site it was reported 3 hours ago so it must have been pretty bad! I said a little prayer for the people involved and turned around home. Time for a coffee now I guess. I have a fair bit of housework to get through today.

:hugs

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Had to check all the silkie roosters today. Most of them carry the spurless mutation. Poor Goku has full spurs and his seem to curl worse than any I've seen. They were starting to push into his leg a little so snip snip.

I feel bad for not checking him. He comes up to me since he's super friendly.