Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My civility would be non-existent without some coffee...

i'm civil, just don't talk to me until i am awake for a bit. :) rattling dishes and other noises, uhg! and brass music, noway, you want the Frown of Death put that sort of thing on, otherwise keep it gentle please... :) i like to ease into the day...

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:) i like to ease into the day...

I used to be an early "up & attem" person many years back. And most housekeeping was done in late hours of the day. It was life -- work, young kids, farm.

NOW -- I find I like to awake slower. Have some "me" time first, then on to days chores. OK -- seems lazy compared to the past but, I'm kind of liking it. Until later in the day, that is. Then I have some issues if I didn't get things done that I planned. It is less of an issue when days are longer, so I blame some on that! I'm trying to work out a mentally acceptable new time line for myself.

Today is overcast. It won't be a great day because of that, I know. So planning to find something I can accomplish that will work out. I need to move a portable shed to a fenced area that will contain weanling goat kids. Always a process. But, I am glad to have the elements ready, now just to put them "together" LOL I'll need to add some fence on the pole gate on that field to prevent escapes. Plus, will have to move feeders, add hay container, etc. Probably a full day now that I list it all. See how that happens? :D At least I know what I have ahead. sometimes our projects "expand" because we didn't acknowledge all they entailed first. Hmmm...time to go.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Milo is a chocolate malt mix, very popular here.

I just made some chicken and vegetable soup, a bit bland but enough to have a few meals out of. I can add more to it later, too hungry to bother right now.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Rain earlier in week but, now it's lovely upper 70-mid 80s -- yesterday thru mon/Tue. Mostly mid 70s rest of week. Nice & I'm loving it! Goats kidding, weather makes it pleasant for them & me! Kids playing on green grass, very cute and relaxing to watch.

Then, they nurse, pile up and sleep. LOL What a life!