Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, Saturday night rain lighter but, to make up for it -- rained a while Monday...Tues overcast & wet feeling, Wed sunny & great, today it POURED for about 3 hrs. :th Really, every other day is toooo much.

:lol:Did score TP for DD. Isn't it sad that that's the highlight of my day? Now my own supply is still in tact. I'll get more from 2 mgrs. who will each save back for me from the trucks coming this weekend. Pays to have store managers who like you! That will give me enough of a stash to be sure neither kid will panic for next couple months. OR -- I won't need to buy more until Fall. :D

Seeds are really sold out at most places and no seed potatoes. None. OK -- I don't eat that many anyway.

Last edited:

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Still a fair amount of seeds at most places I have been. Seed potatoes still available at the farm bureau, but I didn't look to see what varieties. Most online seed companies have statements that they have a 2 week delay often and many varieties sold out. I did find some of my favorite shoe peg corn, Country Gentleman, online. I went on and bought some as it will be good next year.
I haven't even looked for TP when I do go into the stores. Waiting for this shut down to ease and then will make it a point of looking and will pick some up to build back up my supplies. I will look for disinfecting wipes as I never keep them. Might be good to keep them in the vehicle, but I don't do alot of shopping so not near as exposed as many people. I just wait til I get home from places and wash my hands.... but then mostly I am in a cow barn more often or not so that "dirt" and the germs are a whole different kind...:lol::lol::ep

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I got in the habit of having a litre or two of handsanitiser in the car when I worked with horses, and I still havent got through the lot I had in there from christmas. A friend asked me to come and help her with her new horse, so I am going out tomorrow to give a lesson. I'd love to have a sit on, but the horse has only been broke for 3 weeks and hasn't got many miles under his belt yet. Maybe safer to wait til he has more balance, cos I am very unbalanced myself haha.

I have a basket of potatoes accidentally growing in my low cupboard. I am not sure if I should dump them in the garden or chuck them in the bin, I know you're not supposed to plant potatoes from the store but they are already growing...

Already got most of my chores done today. I always have more to do in the garden, but I am pretty happy with this mornings progress. Hopefully I can keep the momentum going and get a bit more done. After this frothy coffee.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Store potatoes have sprout inhibitor on them. They may or may not make healthy plants. Even if they only make scrawny potatoes, you can use those as seed potatoes next year if needed.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
went by an old feed store & found potatoes. Yukon gold and ?? whites. Got a few of each and will be all I need. Some red onion sets, also. Never too many onions. LOL. Now the challenge. Plant.

Another bought of heavy rain today! Only about an hr but, hard. Lot of water. Hope it doesn't mess up tilling for tomorrow. Have 3 days we are supposed to be sunny & dry. I'm home & hopeful.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to put this, but I thought it was a really incredible photo

1588643237784.png

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score