• Poll closed .

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
1589412697850.png

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I always get the urge to collect supplies and masks around this time of year. Wrapping the chicken runs in fabric to reduce dust was going through my head earlier this evening and what I'd have to do to roof the large fowl run.

Anyway, tomorrow is the 40th anniversary of the Mt St Helens eruption. I think I'll have to go buy some strawberries as picking and eating strawberries in the garden is one of my strongest memories of that. And all the people on the news wrapped up wearing masks.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That long ago? Geesh, didn't realize but do remember. A then SIL had parents near Mt St Helens.

@Britesea that's a lovely Chaplin rememberance. All so true. Thanks. We should all post it on the frig.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Went outside this morning and counted 6 contrails in the sky. I guess people are travelling again.
*sip, sip*
It's so nice to sit outside and enjoy a cup of tea. How is everyone on the bright and sunshiny day?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just a tired day here. My german shepherd is in one of her needy moods. I swear she acts like a toddler when these hit. Cries and yells if she gets locked away from me by a door.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And the aussie cross got jealous. He just randomly will hop in a lap and try to look cute. He weighs 40 pounds so this isn't always fun. Then when I make him get off the GSD tries to crawl her 80 pounds up. They learned all this from the 12 pound schipperke we had when they were younger.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Having my coffee & contemplating the garden. It's cool & overcast -- good day to finish rowing & planting. Have plants to set out, more seeds to sow....

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Looks like the Café has been closed for a week...but I'm just in for some water! Been putting posts & fence around 2 young apple trees in the chicken area. Want to put a couple weaner goats in there & need to protect these trees. Had 3. An adult buck killed one & maimed these two -- who have survived so far. Didn't let him in there, he was charged with breaking & entering! Sold him!

Anyhow -- lots of junk for eating Have a couple quiet ones in mind....then mower can finish. Been scrubbing troughs & filling with cold water …. animals happy. Fixed a leak in the chicken waterer. Set 7 eggs in a broody nest while she got her breakfast & removed the 2 golf balls. Last week, 2 hens were sharing a nest -- now 1 chick & 2 moms. No chicks @TSC. oh, well.

It was a warm 70 at wake up, now 92! Yesterday never got over 72. June has arrived. First day I've had AC or needed it. So that install was first chore this morning. 90s again tomorrow, then upper 80s. Coffee was still good early. Now it's iced beverages. Had a glass of really cold milk earlier. Delish....almost as good as ice cream. Almost.

Last edited: