• Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I went out to get milk and meat today

For me, that means to the barn to milk a goat and the freezer for meat. LOL Actually, at this time, there's 5 gal of fresh milk in the frig!! cheese making this weekend. Ahhh, love my goats.

Good coffee this AM! But, enough slack time, gotta get to work.
Ya'll have a good day!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Went out to fill rx today. Store shelves mostly empty of many products. I told hubby that he's gonna have to learn to like skim milk, cause, that's all there was! I shopped very light, leaving all the bread products, and other things behind for the folks that find "baking" to be a foreign concept. Still fighting battle with MD office to get one of my med rx. filled. Supposedly they called it in yesterday. NOT... I was promised that it would be called in on Tuesday. NOT. Now, they tell me that it's in the mail. Crazy... incompetence...

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Urgh that sounds like Mom complaining about their diabetic meds every 3 months. "They will be there Tuesday" "Oh we already shipped"

And without fail I can look up the number they gave her and it's in preprocessing on shipment. It has never arrived on time

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today I taught a neighbor how to make dinner rolls, cinnamon rolls and focaccia bread. She was thrilled. She went through my recipe book and I made copies for her. She had called me from the grocery store a couple of weeks ago, shelves were bare and I told her to get flour and yeast, which she did. My daughter now tells me that there isn't even yeast and flour on the shelves.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's recovering somewhat at the grocery stores here. You can get sugar and flour now even if it's not a lot. Bath tissue is still empty. People realized that they are using more since they aren't using the toilet at work. Rubbing alcohol is hit or miss as is sanitizer.

Mom is still being all thankful I took her that industrial bottle of sanitizer last year and insisted they start using it during cold and flu season. She has told me so every time she has to go out.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My daughter tried for 2 days to get a time for curbside grocery pick up. She called me to see if I needed anything, so I added a few things. It wasn't enough for us to make a trip to town, I appreciated her thoughtfulness.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
For me, that means to the barn to milk a goat and the freezer for meat. LOL Actually, at this time, there's 5 gal of fresh milk in the frig!! cheese making this weekend. Ahhh, love my goats.

So cool! :D I used to have 2 goats when I had horses, 2 little girls I got a while after they were weaned. I had planned to breed and milk them down the track but then I got brain damaged and had to move house and sell them :( I was so sad, I loved them so much.

This place is too small for goats, and initially I had been planning to upsize so I could have them again, but my body has just fallen to bits without riding in my life and upsizing is now out of the question. My mum and neighbours wont even let me butcher the ducks or get a canner cos they think I'll poison myself haha. I know I will never be as self sufficient as I want to be, but I'll get as close as I can!

I stopped taking all my meds about 2 years ago cos it was hard enough for the chemist to get them right in normal times! I am SO thankful I stopped them now. It would be chaos. I hope you all get what you need to get soon.

I have started drinking some of that weak flavoured instant latte coffee that comes in individual wrapping. It was on special so I got it as its getting cool in the mornings now and its a nice warm drink. It doesn't seem too strong for me and tastes like milk fluff.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Late afternoon, after getting home from work, I opened some gates and moved the goats into a different field for a couple hours of graze on some young grass and vetch. The kids were so adorable with a "new" playground to run....fun to watch! The recent temps and rains have spurred forage growth and I'm sure using it -- saves hay! Besides, it's great for them and milk production. The kids settled and grazed once the initial run was over. Weaning time starts soon & they're eating well. I've had them in a couple other areas of late, for grazing.

The last "group" of kids, 6 of them, play together so well. Nice because they won't be without a buddy once I pull the weaners. Not sure I'm ready for 4 more does to milk! Better think about this. LOL The little doelings can hang with moms and help me out! Still have 3 more to kid.

Decisions. :D

If that's the worst I have to worry about, I'm good! Hope everyone else is that fortunate. AND -- no rain for couple days so eggs were clean....no mud. What a day!

Latest posts