Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hot here but early I go chores & then fence surround on 2nd apple tree. Save it from goats! The topped a few places in various pastures that were weeds no one wanted. Yesterday I had cut the yard & topped the seed head from grasses on the left higher section (almost a 2 acre yard)…..so I'm thru cutting for a while.

Will switch out bushhog for disc tomorrow. Then lightly hit a couple pastures that need something done. I'll toss some seed, then rake it over. Rains Thurs and that will settle it where loose. They'll be off limits for a while. Established grass will be happy.

Moved animals between pastures. Just run of the mill day.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not THAT hot here....but, enough. I'll work my stores today. Was ok for morning chores & will settle down for tonight ones. Gotta work what you can, when you can. TX -- well you people are SOL. It's opposite of those North who have 8 months of snow. I'm mid way....too much of each, at times. Only for a short time.

Need to work in garden, again. Maybe tonigt? Maybe. LOL

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Warming up again here. The 10 day forecast is showing highs in mid-to-high 60's, lows in the low 40's to high 30's. I 'm thinking I can finally plant the rest of my garden, as long as I keep the frost cloth ready to go up at a moment's notice.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We hit 99 yesterday. It’s cool this morning at 69 degrees but will heat up soon. Going blueberry picking this morning, they open at 7. Y’all have a great day!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Warm & wet -- next (forever??) 5-7 days....not needing THAT much, THAT often. Grass & rain only do well together in the pastures!!! Unfortunately, my garden was a pasture & wants to go there again. :he The veggies are growing well, also but I sure want to FIND them! LOL

:barnie That's what I have to say about it!

Of course, my goats will want to stand in the barn & yell for hay to be delivered. The grass is several inches deep and WET -- that's the issue. LOL Can't win. Then we'll probably have no rain for a week or so, plus heat. Ahhh -- weather!

The horses just stay out in it for the most part. Plenty of shelter.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our temps are still fairly high but the humidity is down! Yay for that. It's still hot as heck in the sun, but perfectly comfortable, with a light breeze, in the shade. I am so not accustomed to that - but I could get used to it.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can't remember who else did the preserved egg yolks. I kind of forgot about mine until Mom asked about how they had tasted tonight. She'd watch some sort of cooking show talking about them.

I found them to taste like salty cheese. I can see why they were recommended as a parmesan substitute.

Latest posts