Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poka_Doodle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
There's a huge difference between broilers raised in the traditional way, where they are crowded and wallowing in their own poop, vs. raised with freedom, access to fresh grass/ground, and not crowded. Also, fermented feed makes a huge difference in the amount of mess they create. Broilers on FF and encouraged to hustle some of their grub have normal chicken poo that is not stinky.
Exactly!!! I have mine in a stall, but they get a 12 by 12 stall for a max of 30 birds. One thing that makes a difference too is using a nipple water.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have been so busy! Its Autumn down under, but feels like spring! I even have bulbs flowering :D

I think I have finally won the war against the firethorn. I did not think I would ever get through that thing. I still have to chop up and dispose of some limbs but its cut down to the stump and Ive doused it with boiling water and vinegar. This is one plant that I would use poison on, but there have been passing showers all day and expected all night too.

Got some beef and mac and cheese with honey carrots out of my fancy new freezer, so dinner is set and I found another christian movie channel on youtube to devour. Im still working on a crochet blanket for my neighbor. He is going to get me a ute load of jarrah for the fireplace next week so I am forever in his debt!

Im happy to be settled in for the night with the bunnies. I could see a bonfire started up the street so I expect it to be a bit smokey and rowdy out there tonight!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We finally got rain last night 1 1/2”. All we’ve been getting is drizzle while several counties below us have been hammered. Pouring down rain now, think I’ll take a nap.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We finally got rain last night 1 1/2”. All we’ve been getting is drizzle while several counties below us have been hammered. Pouring down rain now, think I’ll take a nap.
A good rain storm aways makes me want to sleep.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I started the fire for the first time this year last night, and boy am I glad to have it on today! It was warm yesterday but the cold change is here today. My little boy bunny is as close as he can possibly get to the fireplace from within his pen haha. We both get a bit stiff when the weather does this.

Coffee time now and last minute tidying and cleaning in prep for this afternoons visitors.

Hope you all have a great day :)

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I started the fire for the first time this year last night, and boy am I glad to have it on today! It was warm yesterday but the cold change is here today. My little boy bunny is as close as he can possibly get to the fireplace from within his pen haha. We both get a bit stiff when the weather does this.
I make jokes with the wife that when I when the lottery that I/we will head south of the equater (spelled wrong) for 4 months a year, so I can stay warm all the time. It's warming up here. Well it was this week not so much.
It should be and was warm here but I'm in the middle of week of having the wood stove going again.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The little garter snakes were out in force today. I had to mow slow so they could move. The little shallow seasonal pond is about an inch of water and 3 foot oval now. Full of tadpoles and I needed to mow around the spot. 4 snakes where there feasting when I first came by.

This one was sunning in the drive so I put the camera about 10 inches in front of it on the ground. I moved him after snapping a few pictures so we didn't hit him when leaving.

20210511_163635_capture.jpg
20210511_163652.jpg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good morning y’all, coffee is ready. @CLSranch my son is right there with you on warm places. He spent a winter in Iowa once and swore to never do THAT again! His home base is Trinity County, Texas about 4 counties south of me. He doesn’t get along with cold weather. LOL LOL