Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
75F in the winter and i'd be roasting. when Mom used to be off doing her nanny gig during the week i would keep the rest of the house at 55F and my room a bit warmer (maybe 60-63F) and then warm it up for her when she got back. now that she's here all the time most of the week we're normally setting the heat at 65-70F. we've been setting the AC at 75F most of the time but letting it get a little warmer sometimes. i would have liked to have set it higher but Mom doesn't tolerate the humidity that well so we run the AC to keep the stuffyness down and run it a few degrees down in the morning to get rid of the humidity.

the past week she's been ironing stuff for her quilt making so she's been complaining that it doesn't get dry so the heat has been on. with nearly constant rainy days it wouldn't surprise me that it feels damp, but by do my sinuses love it when we have some humidity. in the middle of winter it often gets too dry, but that isn't what is happening now - at least not yet. some days i have been putting on more clothes than normal because it felt cooler but now i feel a bit too warm. oh well... we'll figure it out. :) my own philosophy would be to acclimate as much as i can to the heat and to the cold with the seasons because it is easier to me to then be outside in either extreme the more adapted i am to them. that doesn't work as well with running AC and the heat, but that's just life...

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I have found that the female body (in my limited experience LOL) does not have a steady state internal thermostat. 70 degrees one day is not approved the next. :D

In my bachelor days, I could go weeks without touching the controls. I will leave it at that. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
75 either summer or winter is boiling hot!
I would die in Alaska, lol. Seventy-five is just about perfect for me. Even though I can be comfortable from maybe 68 - 78.

Spent a lot of time outside yesterday in mid 80's weather. Blue skies, great breeze and tiny little puffy clouds. It was awesome!

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
75 degrees in the summer is about right, but in the winter is way too warm for me. Artificial heat, even with wood, is just stuffy.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Back when I lived in Texas I loved that heat. I kept my little appartement at 85.

Then I moved into a house with an attic fan that I think was taken off a jet engine. :lol:

Turn that sucker on and such a great strong breeze sucking through the entire house. It was perfect. I never would have used the AC in that house... except I got married. :rolleyes:

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
At the top of the page click Watch. You have have accidentally clicked unwatch. I've done that beforw.
Nope... currently that button is reading
"Unwatch"

Which is what it should read if it is on my watch feed.

I have tried hitting unwatch, and then saying yes I do not want to watch.

And then hitting watch.... hoping to reset the thread.... but nope.

Latest posts