SS reported as an Attack Site?

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I got warning pop ups a couple of days ago - I tried a few hours later and the warning was gone, then later back up again each time I tried to get here.

I haven't been over to BYC for a week or so... :/

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
My Geek son helped me through the problem and correctly identified to me what was probably happening.

For you with Trojans I can do nothing but brag about the freeware my son recommends Spybot search and destroy Works great and it is free with only donations suggested.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
I had 5 trojans last night. I think hubby got rid of them.
That really didn't come out right if you have a dirty mind like me..... :lol:

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
You bad boy!!! My hubby had the same comment when I told him we had 5 trojans. I played dumb. :p I mean, this is serious!!--they still are not gone ,and the site FF put up and the ones Boyd recommended on BYC come up as Internet cannot display web page, for NO reason.

I have webistes--google being the most prevalent--popping up when I click on a link or search for a web page. I have McAffee, (useless as they are) and when we try to send them the scan results, the zip file is too large--first time 2 mb, 2nd time 3mb. I am beyond frustrated. Hubby is home now but busy(he bought me a meat saw!!!!!), hopefully he can get this figured out by tomorrow before he goes to work. Between looking up recipes etc, I seriously am lost with out the internet for at least three hours a day.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
That really didn't come out right if you have a dirty mind like me.
:gig

I cracked up when I read that but decided to let it slide. Now that I know I am not the only one with their brain in the gutter....

:D

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Ok, I finally read it "as is", and I must admit I am laughing out loud! :lol:
seriously, when hubby made a comment, I had to stop and think a bit. It has been a l o n g time since we needed any of those.

Signed MTN, carefully removing foot from mouth :p

Still laughing....

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Another gift from my Geek son for any one with Trojans.

This is a DIRECT link to AVG Free anti virius.

http://af-download.avg.com/filedir/inst/avg_free_stf_en_90_851a3009.exe

My son says the Trojan is probably set up to prevent you from downloading an anti virus program. This link should get around the Trojan. :fl

AVG is also FREE ware.

He says AFTER you install it and the computer is showing clean he recommends you also installing Firefox. It has an added feature that helps stop this kind of thing. It worked on my computer on this occasion.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
We're trying to get specifics of the name of the malware so we can better instruct those with problems on how to fix it.

As I mentioned on BYC, this stuff definitely stinks big time and I hate the people that do these things on purpose! We're looking into it and hopefully we can find something that will help. I've been working with one of our BYC members who is a rock star with this kind of stuff so maybe we can find some answers.

If anybody gets the name, or info about what the stuff they found or removed, please send me the info via PM.