SSDreamin Blessings and curses

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Ya know, things are just WAYYYY to similar between you to :lol: its a tad weird :p :hide
Yes BB, it is pretty weird! After reading WBF's journal though, I have decided that she is Good Cindi, and I am her alter ego... Evil Cindi :lol: Picture me putting my pinky to the corner of my mouth as I say that :lol:
I saw her picture on her blog site and thought we even kind of look alike. I am going to try to scan our last family portrait into my computer and upload it so you can compare for yourself - Good Cindi: Happy and pretty. Evil Cindi: Prison photo where you get the sense you may be 'shanked' at any moment! :lol:

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks for all the birthday wishes everybody!

DH insisted we go out to eat :( We went to a restaurant that serves my favorite kind of food, looked over the menu, got up and left :p I really like Chinese food. Both my guys hate it with a passion. The place I chose USED to have pizza and stuff on their menu. Well, menu changed. I was not about to sit there and eat, while the guys watched, as they suggested I do :rolleyes: We ended up at a steak and burger type place :/ The whole meal, I kept having to explain to DS that the food wasn't spicy because they 'had to play to the masses' and in my mind I kept thinking I should've just cooked at home. It has gotten very hard to enjoy a meal out these days. The food seems mediocre (the actual word used to describe last night's meal ;) ) and whenever I see the check total, I quickly run through in my head how many meals I could've made at home for that money! DH did say that his was good - he had a burger with bacon and a fried egg on it, a first for him but something he'd be willing to try in the future, AT HOME. I remember looking forward to dinner out on my birthday. When did it turn into an painful, unsatisfying experience for me? :p

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Heeeeeerrrreeee's the Prison Photo! Am I right, or am I right BB? By the way, couldn't get my scanner to cooperate, so this is a picture of a picture, sorry.

3767_prison_photo_2.jpg

For reference purposes (and show how loooong it's been since we've gotten a family portrait done!): The very happy and adorable toddler is my about-to-turn 13 year old DS#2, the really hacked off but handsome young man in the front is DS#1, the good looking mountain man/cowboy in the back is DH, and the 80's throwback with the bad perm is Evil Cindi, AKA ME :D (Careful! In the hand you CAN'T see I'm holding a shiv, and I ain't afraid to use it :lol: )

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Great pic and your commentary...well... :gig :gig :gig

I have a pic that will out-do your bad do and will get a pic of it posted later (gotta hunt it up first). It earned me the nickname Frenchie and it's totally fitting! :gig

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I think it's a nice photo. You're too hard on yourself. (Gotta say that since she has a shiv in her hand and I want her to be nice to me! :D )

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So, how was everybody's holiday weekend?

We had a working weekend. We are lucky enough to live in the paradise that everybody else runs to on these holiday weekends, so we usually just stay home and get things done ( and TRY to avoid the roads - traffic is horrid Northbound on Friday, and Southbound on Sunday & Monday). Went to visit my brother and picked up a truckload of corn/stalks for chop, green beans/plants for pig food and a whole mess of odds and ends from his garden. Gave me a whole new appreciation for WBF and her truckloads of food! I found muscles I'd forgotten I had - the next day, when I attempted to sort it all out! :lol: Did a LOT of 'bits and bobs' canning over the weekend too - sweet cuke chunks (in w/b this time!), whole baby carrots I got on sale, pickled beets, mexican corn and green beans. I dried more herbs, a mess of hot peppers and some celery. Tried the lunchbag method to freeze some sweet corn (Man, bro's sweet corn was soooooo good! I was munching on it raw on the way home, then we ate it on Saturday night and on Sunday, froze 24 ears, and managed to NOT eat it all so I could can the 6 pints of mexican corn :drool ). DH picked up the 1/2 a pig. We had the small loin for dinner Sunday. Yummy! Still have several zukes to shred for the freezer - although I'm thinking I may look up zukes in J.C.'s canning book, to save on freezer space. DH helped me move a big tomato (that I had started from seed- woohoo!) into the greenhouse. We tweaked the pig pen, and researched options for a starter pen (think we're going with what the guy called a pigball pen :D ). Finally gave Little Man a bath! It was funny, because I brushed him out first, to get the dried poo off his backside, and Ice Cream pestered me nonstop - until I brushed her! She knew what it was, and knew it felt good, so wanted HER share of brush time! :gig Little Man now has a weird looking mohawk/spiky hair look, as the hair on top of his head - the 'tuff', dried funky :lol: Didn't knock out everything on my list, but got to spend some quality time with my guys, hanging out on the back deck and listening to the silence (the neighbors on BOTH sides went away for the weekend! Yay!).

Went for my final with the Dr. today. Good news and bad news. The bad is, all my 'overdoing it' has set me back. He is insisting I go 2 more weeks on restriction before SLOWLY working my way back to normal. I promised him I'd take it just as easy as I have been to date ;) which didn't please him for some reason. :p The good is a quasi acceptance of one of my natural methods of healing. Last weekend, I got a fever and chills, and started urinating blood (classic example of my not overdoing it :lol: ). I flat out refused to go to the ER for an infection, so I took olive leaf extract, vit. C and Cranberry. Fever broke, and I felt fine. No problems all week. Dr. insisted on running a test to 'make sure' it had cleared, but told me he thought that 'with your method of treatment, it (the test) will probably come back clear' . Yeah! Score one for natural healing!

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
I think it's a nice photo. You're too hard on yourself. (Gotta say that since she has a shiv in her hand and I want her to be nice to me! :D )
:yuckyuck

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
My holiday weekend was fun, tiring and then relaxing. I went for a moonlit trail ride on Saturday night, didn't ride much on Sunday, got home when it was trying to rain, then did basically nothing yesterday.