Stanchion! And Chute!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
As smart as you are, you could build a stanchion that would make it easier on your back and knees. We may still be kickin' chickens, but we sure can't kick as high as we used to! Anything that makes things easier, we gotta have!

I used to move in that direction, but this past year I changed direction...now instead of making things easier for me I'm intentionally making things harder so I will have to use my body more in lifting, bending, flexing, stooping, etc.

For years now I've been making things easier and I just grew more stiff, more in pain and weaker in my core. So, now I'm shifting gears into reverse, trying to reverse the damage done in the years when I was all about ergonomics.

The sheep chair is for making it easier on them and to help me do things by myself, but not necessarily to make it easier on my back and knees. I NEED to make it harder on those areas if they are to remain strong, I've found.

That's why I was going to build a raised stanchion...then thought better of it. Not having one will force me to get low, to bend or flex more and to sustain that position, which is pretty good exercise. I need that! I'm not lovely and slender as you be, Bay...I'm fat and getting fatter if I don't get a handle on it. :D