Stock up alert!

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I found this CL ad for Draper Valley chicken backs & necks for .38 lb and 7 case min purchase. Cases run 30+lbs each. It's a darn good deal, but that would be ALOT of chicken. I know even 1 case would be more than enough to feed the dog & make broth....till it came out my ears. I couldn't imagine having to get 7 cases....but thought I'd pass on the info if anyone is interested.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/grd/2600269726.html

:thumbsup

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Wow. That is something you could split with a bunch of friends. Heck...even donate half of it to a raptor center and it would still be a good deal!

I noticed local pumpkins showing up at the hellmart. They were $5 each a few days ago and have already gone down to $3.88. I bought 2 to process and freeze. I think it is a little soon for people who want to buy them for halloween, so they may stay cheap. Not too worried about the flavor. If they are more veggie tasting than pie worthy, I just use it for soups. Nom nom nom :D

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Wow. That is something you could split with a bunch of friends. Heck...even donate half of it to a raptor center and it would still be a good deal!

I noticed local pumpkins showing up at the hellmart. They were $5 each a few days ago and have already gone down to $3.88. I bought 2 to process and freeze. I think it is a little soon for people who want to buy them for halloween, so they may stay cheap. Not too worried about the flavor. If they are more veggie tasting than pie worthy, I just use it for soups. Nom nom nom :D
:lol: Is that what it's called now? :gig

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
Wifezilla said:

Yeah, that made me giggle, too! :lol:

Wifezilla

Reaction score
:gig

I call it Hellmart...cuz I feel like hell after being in there for more than 5 minutes :p

Actually the people who work there have been there a long time and are quite friendly...it is the OTHER SHOPPERS that drive me nuts!!!

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
Wifezilla said:

We adopted WZ's name for it a couple of months ago! I heard it called ChinaMart yesterday.

cabinchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hoosier said:
old fashioned said:
Wifezilla said:

We adopted WZ's name for it a couple of months ago! I heard it called ChinaMart yesterday.
That's a good nickname too, and very accurate. It's a shame because everything I've ever read about Sam Walton tells me he'd be rollin over in his grave if he knew what his store has become. :(

Wifezilla

Reaction score
I guess it varies a lot from store to store. A woman came in for copies the other day and she had transfered in from one of the Arkansas stores. She said the Fountain, CO store was run nothing like the one she was at. The managers here were evil jerks. :p

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My local Food 4 Less/ Kroger has yellow onions 6 lbs for a buck. Not sure if onions are regional but I thought I would share.

G