Stock up alert!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
That's a great price!!!

When I find onions on sale I buy as many as I can and make big batches of French onion soup. It freezes really well.

BriteChicken

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
The weekly flyer for kroger in N. AL has 10lbs of Apples for $10 w/ card that's pretty awesome right?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Since a lot of the local apple crop was destroyed here, anything $1/lb and under is good.

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Our local Kroger/JayC has onions for $.65/lb and the cheapest apples I have seen anywhere is $1.29. :(

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Fire up the dehydrator! :D
Have you priced commercially dehydrated onions (or garlic or peppers) In the large (~ 1gallon) containers? I can't beat that price in material and energy costs let alone all the prep work I manage to skip. Credit where due I was told by a guy that puts out his own Carolina (vinegar based) BBQ mop. Works for me!

ChaneyLakegirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wow, we are soooo lucky with the apples. There is someone not far from our house that sells 20lb bags for $5. I got 3 bags of cortlands and 2 bags of macintosh. I'll have to get after those apples later in the week. Now, I'd just like to find a deal on the onions!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I just had to make note of this. Probably should go in the other thread but oh well.

Yesterday I was at CostCo my local bulk store. I used ro buy a 3 pound can/bucket of Folders for just under 10 bucks. In the past year it has been climbing. First 10 and change, then just over 11. Yesterday it was 13.39. Not good.

Second I was watching the news this morning and they said the cost of beef is going to Fi up by 30% in the next year.

Better start stocking up now. :th

G

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
It is a chain effect.

Diesel fuel is up. Corn is up. Corn fed stockyard beef is thus UP. So far grass costs about the same. ;)